• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • secortes
    Private

• May 2008

How to link pages with a password

Hi, I want to use a password to go from one page to another, I don't know how to do it, by the way, my pages aren't yet on the web, can I link pages with a password and watch that if my pages aren't on the web, bye.
    Seba
  • rodfel2001
    Private

• Apr 2008

problem with links

everytime I make a link to another page and try it, I receive a an error message from intenet explorer. Can someone explain the link business in detail?

Comment

• Watdaflip
      Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: problem with links

Originally posted by secortes View Post
      Hi, I want to use a password to go from one page to another, I don't know how to do it, by the way, my pages aren't yet on the web, can I link pages with a password and watch that if my pages aren't on the web, bye.
      Seba
      You won't be able to put a password on your page until it is on the internet.

Originally posted by rodfel2001 View Post
      everytime I make a link to another page and try it, I receive a an error message from intenet explorer. Can someone explain the link business in detail?
      First off, don't post in someone else's thread about your own question, make your own thread. Secondly, whats your website... what error are you getting. Third, there isn't all that much to explain, you have your website with pages on it, a link is just your website... (ie. http://yoursite.com), and your page (ie. index.html)... you combine the two to make (http://yoursite.com/index.html). A link is just a path to a file on your website, just like there are paths to files on your computer (ie. C:\\Documents and Settings\)

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• rodfel2001
        Private

• Apr 2008

Re: How to link pages with a password

I did exactly what the video says about linking pages: I create a first page and I saved it under the name of "index", then I create another page and I name mysecondpage. I highlighted a word on www.mysecondpage.com and with it I created a link to my index page. However, in order for the link to be active, I have to hit the preview button. When afterward, I click on the active link, it takes some time and an error message which states: "Internet explorer cannot load the page".
        I wonder if there is something I missed.

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Re: How to link pages with a password

Hi Rodfel,

Please dont be rude.

You were advised by Watdaflip to start your own thread.

You can do it here...Hyperlinking

THIS IS SEBA'S THREAD.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
          X