Linked pages not accessible via "back" button in browser toolbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linked pages not accessible via "back" button in browser toolbar

Hello fellow website builders (azurhomefinders.co.uk - why not take a look and tell me what you think),

I've followed the instructions in the video tutorials to build pages linked together through a navigation bar. They work well but I cannot not go "back" to the previously displayed page via the browser toolbar. Any ideas what I need to do. It could be something to do with the setup when I created the links. So far, I have used the "blank" option when creating each link which opens up a new page each time.

Advice very welcome.

Karl

Re: Linked pages not accessible via "back" button in browser toolbar

The blank option is misleading. Are you setting the Target to "_blank". This will open the link in a new window. To open in the same window - which should allow the Back function - you should leave the Target empty. Do not put anything for Target.
    Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
    Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
    Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Hi Karl,

I cannot not go "back" to the previously displayed page via the browser toolbar. Any ideas what I need to do.

You have to place a link [from hyperlink properties] of the open page
      back to your homepage so that when you click on the browser back button, the browser will search for the previous page.

I think that is how it works.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

The Back button should work whether you have a link to the previous page or not. You can use the back button to go backwards from one site to another that you have visited. But...it must open in the same window. If you don't leave the Target empty, it opens a new window and since it's a new window there is no previous page to go to.
        Your links are opening in a new window. Did you change your Target to not read anything? And then Save and Publish?
        Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
        Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
        Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Hi Karl,

I use "self" for my web pages to open in the same browser page.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thanks folks,

I've used the "self" advice and it works a treat.

Comment

Working...
            X