Hyperlinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperlinking

I have a homepage set up titled index. I have a couple pther pages already named and built. When I hyperlink from the index to those pages (and I did these exactly as the BlueVoda tutorial instructed)....they wont work. When I publish....and try the link, I get a page cannot be displayed. Help!!

Domain Name: jlwowgg.com
    Account ID: James Lovely

Re: Hyperlinking not working

1) Get used to putting www. in front of your domain, that means, when making posts about it, when linking from your pages to other pages and anywhere else you use it. I know it works without it but best practice is to use it.

2) I only see one link on your index page, and as you say it doesn't link... maybe look closely to what you named the page you are link to.

The link says /questing.html so just make sure that page is called 'questing' . Make sure it is all in lower case and spelt correctly.

3) Make sure all pages you are trying to link to are published.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

so there is no need to name my page questing.html? Just questing? Thanks for the post.

Comment

Originally posted by jameslovely75 View Post
        so there is no need to name my page questing.html? Just questing? Thanks for the post.
        JUST the name of the page only... BV automatically adds the extension
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Re: Hyperlinking

I am trying to link my pages with-in my site. I have several pages built, but cannot link them. The link icon on my builder does not light up. Am I doing something wrong? I have printed out the instructions on how to link the pages, but the problem is still there. I am a true ditz when it comes to anything to do with thinking. Please in plain lamen terms, could someone tell me what I am not doing right!

Comment

Re: Hyperlinking

You must highlight the text before the hyperlink symbol becomes bold.

Please remember to start a new thread when you have a question. That will allow the originator of the current thread to have help/closure with his question and the same for you.
            Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
            Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
            Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Working...
            X