Internal Page Link Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal Page Link Problems

Hi there. I've looks around and not found a topic which might help so apologies if this is a duplicate of another enquiry. I'm a little confused and hoping you can help me. I'm somewhat lost as to how to link my pages together - linking to external sites is fine and dandy. The forum link button works great, as does the link to my original version of the site. But links to my own pages aren't working.

I'm not sure of my username (I really need to write things down, y'know!), but I think my account is either under the name of " debzkim ", " melissakane " or " kinkyclawz ". I think its " debzkim "...

On my index page (it has the suffix " indexed.html " because I have more than one site on the same account) I've been trying for two weeks to link the Cast button to the "castindex" page. But, and here's my brainless moment coming up, I don't know what my actual website name is. I've left the link as " http://www.endymiondreams.co.uk/castindex.html " so that you can see the problem I'm having.

I've tried using the Endymion Dreams link, as you can see above, but it doesn't seem to work... is there another address for the website as published through BlueVoda?

Could this be an issue with my tweaked index name? Or with the fact that I have my domain from someone other than BlueVoda?

Or is it that I'm just a bit empty-headed for not sussing this out? Hehe.

Thanks in advance of a reply/solution.
    Dodo.

Re: Internal Page Link Problems

Well Chickie.. i think your name says it all!

First off dont enhance INDEX... simply make it .. index all lower case.

Then in your navigation you have to add the extensions to your links just as if you were linking to an external page ie: Yourdodosite.com/index.html

Knowing what the name of your SITE is.. should be your first priority so you can find it again.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks so much for the superfast response, Karen!

Okay, so that also means that I can't have more than one site on my username then, I take it, right?

I'll have an experiment then and find out my site name is and what works.

Thanks again - hope it works!
      Dodo.

Comment

No.. you can have as many sites as you want. You create a Domain or a Subdomain for each site, and that makes a FOLDER, and then you can have another index page because its inside another folder.

First you have to BUY all those EXPERIMENT names = Domain name and point them to your server/host.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

YESSS!!! *does a happy little dodo dance!* I can now carry on with the one site for now!

Thanks so much for the advice both on linking and on the subfolders, Karen! its been very much appreciated! The username is none of the above! Its the username I published the homepage as! *lol

Thanks again!
          Dodo.

Comment

Yer Welcome... Im starting to feel like Motel 8... Glad the lights came and stayed on for ya!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Oh.. and do the same on your hard drive when you create SITES.. save your pages to a NEW SITE FOLDER.. that way you wont keep overwriting your index when you start a new site.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
              X