Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linking page

hi all
    I have a problem trying to link from my index page to the About Us page via the link button, I have gone through the set up procedure a number of times, published and re published, but cant see where I am going wrong, can anyone help.www.kevincroxon36.com if I type in the URL manually my About Us page will show www.kevincroxon36.com/about-us.html but nothing at all when the link button is used.

Re: linking page

You can not have a hyphen or any extra characters in the file name if you want to seperate words you have to use an underscore _
    Also you have linked to http://www.kevincroxon36.com/http://.../about-us.html
    It should be http://www.kevincroxon36.com/about_us.html
    Resave the page as about_us and correct the link as well as all your links.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

OK, I still have a problem with the link, I have re named the page I want to link to, its now aboutus, I have re set the link button, but it still will not link directly to the aboutus page, now if I double right click on the About Us link button, then click on open link in new window the link opens perfectly, somthing is still not right but not sure what it could be.http://www.kevincroxon36.com

Comment

not sure what you have done. can you contact me through my website tomorrow, thursday and we can review together.
        mrmagoo144
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

If you get it figured out, I hope you will post back here with what fixed it! I looked over your page coding, relating to your navigationbar1 codes; and couldn't find anything wrong. I did copy your code into my BV and changed one area that didn't quite match the navbar coding in one of my pages, but that didn't fix it. So I'm really curious!

Comment

Ok everyone, its sorted.
            Many thanks to D'son Major for your help in the first instance sorting out my linking mistakes.
            And to mrmagool144 Lieutenant Colonel I am indebted to for help given to me in analysing the structure of my site.
            Two problems existed.
            (1) I used a caps in one of my page names, (stupid boy)
            (2) And this seems to have been the main problem, when saving a page after making changes, and before publishing I would click (save) then publish,
            I should have clicked (save page as) this was the fix.
            To judavvforum Major Thanks for being interested in my plight, this reply may help other users that may have the same problem in the future.
            Good Luck to Everyone moses007.

Comment

Hi from Misha!
              I am new to BlueVoda (Private!) I am at the playing around stage at the moment without publishing anything! I can't seem to link to a another page from my main page? ie: click onto a button or image which links to a new page that shows more detail, also, how do I get an audio/video file to play automatically when the URL is opened, and can I preview before publishing it? And finally, I cant work out how to snap to grid my photos without messing around mousing them into place which takes for ages!
              Misha.

Comment

Links do not work until the page you have linked to is published.

As for the question concerning video files...someone more experienced will have to answer that for you.

Good luck.

Comment

Dave,
                  Thanks for reply, so there is no way to check/preview my work before publishing? Is it a sign up and pay before you can test your site?

Misha.

Comment

You can preview your pages and that will show you what it will look like when published. But, you would have to purchase a hosting account, with VodaHost, if you want to see the links work.

BlueVoda is a proprietary website builder and will only work with a VodaHosting account. I believe that it is still true that VodaHost gives one free domain name for each new account. You need a domain name in order to make valid links.

I worked with another web builder before discovering BV and it was so complicated and I didn't feel like I had control of it! I had some pages built within hours of downloading BV the very first day! I was sold from that time forward!

Comment

Working...
                    X