Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hyperlinking pages

Hi folks,
    I am new to blue voda. I have watched and watch the tutorials over and over, yet something is still not working.
    I have created a 9 page site which is not published yet. When I choose to see a page in browser window, then click(to view) any of the buttons that are labeled, it comes up with page not found. Yet, it I open each page seperately, they appear fine. Can someone explain what is wrong? Did I somehow mess up the index?
    Thanks
    Rick

Re: linking pages help please?

Hi Rick,
    I'm new to this too. I don't think you can navigate in preview, you can only view each individual page. I published, in order to navigate through my site and check everything even though I have not finished yet. Hope this helps.
    Patsy.
    www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

Re: linking pages help please?

Hi Rick .. Patsy might be new but she is absolutely correct, once published your linking will take effect since all urls will act as addresses on the internet for your website .. without those being published, the address is still waiting for you to move in.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: hyperlinking pages

I am also new to this. Do you have any way to tell if your hyperlink is working before you publish? Also, do you have to have a domain name before you can hyperlink? Miss Weev

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Weev View Post
          I am also new to this. Do you have any way to tell if your hyperlink is working before you publish? Also, do you have to have a domain name before you can hyperlink? Miss Weev
          In order to publish your site you do need a domain name and a hosting account. VodaHost will give you one free damain name when you sign up. Click the order now link at the top of this page for details.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Weev View Post
            I found a way. First preview each page seperately. On the preview save the page as .html. When hyperlinking give the path of that html file as the url.

Comment

Originally posted by cham View Post
              I found a way. First preview each page seperately. On the preview save the page as .html. When hyperlinking give the path of that html file as the url.
              I think you are missing the point of checking your links, you are checking to make sure they are linking to the proper published pages or sites. Yes the way you are describing will work as far as linking to the files in your computer, basically an exercise in linking technique, but useless in the published pages.
              Reguards
              Ed
              www.dsondesigns.com
              www.marseillesyouthsports.com
              www.300hitter.com
              www.bigjk.net
              How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Working...
              X