• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justwan2know
    Private

• Jul 2008

ahhhh...more info to link anything

alo, i am new n i am using this bv for part of my assignment. n the trouble is that i do not know how to link anything that i want to link. should i open new pages then name it with .html behind it or .com.

i guess 1 am mising this part in the tutorial...

somebody help me...
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: ahhhh...more info to link anything

Hi, just create a new page & name it only, with no extensions at all. So if you named a page about-us, the link from another page to that page would be http://www.mysite.com/about-us.html
    Remember this will only work when you have published your pages & it is live on the net with a VH account.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• justwan2know
      Private

• Jul 2008

ohhh...i c..well, it ok if i preview it and the pic that i link will be shown like a publish one cause this is for assignement only...

thanx for the info...chris

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

Its a bit of a cheat! But if its for a project & you want show & give the impression of more pages without having to go on line with the site. You can use 1 page & then replete this page further down the same page leaving a gap of lets say 500ish px. Then place a menu in each area & use the bookmark facility to link between the pages (Even though its just one page). So you will end up with a very long single page that will work a bit like a PDF file but have the web page looks.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
        X