• Show
Clear All
  • janem
    Corporal

• Jul 2008

Help with linking to text in button

Domain:deltapropertiesofiowa.com
    Client#26978
    I'm still completing my first site with Voda. I am ready to publish, BUT......... I have created an image for buttons on my sub-pages and put the button names in using the text symbol in the program. I have linked the images to the proper pages, but I can't seem to make the link work on the text name. Apparently the text is a different format than the image, when I click on the text name in the button, the link symbol won't even show up allowing me to link the text name to the proper page. Only the image behind the text works. I am using a color in the underlying image, so I can't make it transparent over the text. The text is in reverse(white) over the colored image behind it. I tried converting the text to a .gif format, but it didn't work. Any suggestions out there?
    Thanks in advance
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Help with linking to text in button

Hi, the links wont work properly until you have your pages published.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• janem
      Corporal

• Jul 2008

Thanks, Chris - I guess I wasn't clear enough about my problem. I can create a link with the background image, but I fear that people clicking on the text area of the button won't go anywhere because even though the background image will link to the proper page, the text area won't. The text area won't allow me to create a link to another page. I think the text has to be converted to some format like the image is so if anyone clicks on the text area, it will work as a link.

Comment

• janem
        Corporal

• Jul 2008

Well, I'm back. I figured out that I can create an idential shape as the background button using transparency and paste it over the button, text and all and make a link out of that. Now I have a link icon to use to create the links to other pages. If this is not a good way to do this, please, someone, let me know of a better way. Thanks again, JaneM

Comment

• nzbr
          Lieutenant Colonel

• Dec 2006

I can't think of anyway around it. You can set up the link in the image you have, but the text written in this image would not be a link (only the entire image will). I guess you came up with the bes solution.

Cheers,
          N Z B R
          t o u r s
          New Zealand Tours
          Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
          Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
          Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
          Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

• CarbonTerry
            Major General

• Oct 2005

You will have to put the text into the button if you are generating an image out side of BV.
            Why not look at the "Glass Button" option?
            Insert/Extra/Glass Button
            Also: Insert/Navigation/Navigation Bar
            This has many color/shape options that allow insertion of text.
            You can add text in this method.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

Working...
            X