• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ben Apex
    Private First Class

• Sep 2008

Publishing New Site - Ben-Apex.com

Hello

1) Just received my pswd to launch the website... v excited. Have attempted but received error code 12014. Pls advise if I should just retry over the next few days, or pls help me troubleshoot. Ta.

2) When publishing, how do I prevent draft copies in .bvp from being published too? (I've prepared 1 page for the initial launch, and is working on revamped pages (named index2.bvp) at the same time, with page linking.)

3) What happens when I choose "publish changed files only"?

Thank u.
    Carpe Diem!
    www.Ben-Apex.com
    BenApex@Singnet.com.sg
  • zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Re: Publishing New Site - Ben-Apex.com

Hi Ben,

First thing first: How to prevent draft pages once published being viewed by others.

The answer is you cant prevent it once it is live. but you can do the following:

1. Prepare an UNDER CONSTRUCTION PAGE and name it "index" as a temporary measure and publish it to your "public_html/" so that if anyone
    search your domain name this page will appear.

2. Goto cPanel > public_html and add a new folder and name it "draft" or "trial".

3. Design a test page and name it "test-one"

Publish your test page named "test -one" to this folder like this:

"public_html/draft/" and publish your draft page.

Then you can acces the page using your browser by typing in the following url: http://www.yourdomainname.com/draft/test-one.html
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• Ben Apex
      Private First Class

• Sep 2008

Re: Publishing New Site - Ben-Apex.com

Thanks, Zuriatman. Will give it a try once the error code problem is resolved. Appreciate your time in replying. :)
      Carpe Diem!
      www.Ben-Apex.com
      BenApex@Singnet.com.sg

Comment

Working...
      X