Hyperlinking pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperlinking pages

I am having trouble linking a new page to my site www.litchfieldcowboyclub.com. I am trying to link a page called Scores, which has a link in it to another page for the actual information. Can you help me with what I am doing wrong? I get a 404 error.

Re: Hyperlinking pages

You used a capital S
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

O wow! Thanks. What a simple solution. I will go make the change. I forgot that rule.

Comment

I have published the page successfully. Now my problem is that I am trying to link to another page that will display the results from an Excel spreadsheet that I have saved in webpage format. I have tried saving it under different names, but I haven't been successful. Nothing happens when go to the Scores page and click on the date. There should be a link there. Help once again.

Comment

what is FTP and where and how do I get to it??

Comment

I have been trying every different way of saving the pages and I still cannot get the Scores page to link to the actual information. It shows up when I preview it but not when I publish it.

Comment

Did you upload the excel file to your public_html folder? You can not use publish if it is not a blue voda file. If so and you can see it in the folder then the copy the name of the file and link it in this format
              www. litchfieldcowboyclub. com/filename.xls
              (without the spaces of course)
              Reguards
              Ed
              www.dsondesigns.com
              www.marseillesyouthsports.com
              www.300hitter.com
              www.bigjk.net
              How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

I am sorry, I am very ignorant of what I need to do. I don't think I know the correct way to upload this to Blue Voda. I have saved it as a web page and it is in the Blue Voda folder, but it is a folder in My Documents. What do I need to do?

Comment

How to upload files to your website:

On the left of your BV screen, you will see a green earth/arrow icon
                  click on this and then click anywhere on your page(empty part)

Now click on the box that has appeared and enter the name of the xl file that you wish to upload.

Publish your page and the xl file will be uploaded for you.

When you have tested the link to the xl file, then you may delete the green/arrow box from the page.

You may also view the video tutorial on ftp or view this page.
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                  Newbies / Beginners Forum
                  FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                  My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                  Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thank you for trying to help me. I feel really stupid. I have tried to follow the tutorial and your instructions, but it is not working. I am lost as to what I am doing wrong.

Comment

Hi dont feel stupid, we all have to go through a learning stage.

Grab a cup of coffee and some cookies and then Have a look at this page for a step by step tutorial (I have made it a lot clearer for you and other members as well)
                      Have fun
                      Regards..... David

Comment

C:\Documents and Settings\Sandy Pinkel\My Documents\Blue Voda\litchfield_9_20_08.xls is what shows in the box when I add the file. I have tried adding it to the page that is for Scores (which is what I wanted to be able to link to it from). When I publish, there is nothing there. I can't see the box and there is nothing to click on. Should I publish it on a blank page and somehow link to that? Coffee doesn't seem to be helping me and I don't know how you could have made it any plainer.

Comment

david you have done this for the benefit of everyone at blue voda, but i too have tried your tutorial and have not got my excel to show up.
                          what i did is i named my excel sheet waynebook and ftp the file to my public_html. then i made a text link that looked like this:
                          http:www.videopostcards.info/waynebook.xls
                          and published the page. when i go to my page:
                          www.videopostcards.info/test2000.html
                          i have my text link and when i hit the text link the excel sheet comes up. I think that is what Mrs. Weev is looking for.
                          mrmagoo144
                          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thats what I have been trying to help miss weev to do, but your solution simply downloads the xl file to my computer.

It seems to me that the problem now is Not uploading but displaying the xl file on a webpage...........and thank you for joining in......problem shared and all that.
                            Have fun
                            Regards..... David

Comment

Thank you both. I will try mrmagoo144 solution and see what happens. Even if it works, though, David, are you telling me that that is not the best solution? I still need to figure out how to actually upload the info? If so, I guess I still need more help. I can't get it to do it. Sorry to be such a whiner (a little cheese with that please).

Comment

Working...
                              X