• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Richest
    Staff Sergeant

• Sep 2007

Extended Display Alternative Text

I have been trying to find a way to have the alternative text, that displays when you hover over a link, to remain visible while the mouse remains hovering on the link. Normally, the text goes away in 3 to 4 seconds. I want to use this to display footnotes when the mouse is hovering over the footnote link without necessarily having to click on the mouse and go to the footnote itself. I feel this would be more user friendly than clicking on numerous footnotes and returning to the text after reading the footnote. I have read through numerous posts and viewed many tutorials, but have not been able to come up with a solution. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Rich
  • dougnez
    Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Re: Extended Display Alternative Text

Hi Richest
    Look around here, maybe you can find the effect your are looking for. Hope That Helps. Doug

Comment

• Collectors-info
      General

• Feb 2006

Hint script.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Richest
        Staff Sergeant

• Sep 2007

Hi Chris,
        I like the use of this Hint script. Step 1 says to put the supplied text in to the "<HEAD> section of your page". I have searched for information on the <HEAD> section of a page without success. Do I use the HTML function in BV to add an HTML box to my page and then copy and paste the script from step 1 into this HTML box? If so, do I add <HEAD> and the beginning and end of the script I copied? If you know of any tutorials on page header, body and footer, I would be glad to review them as well. I am simply a little confused when use BV, if I am using headers, body and footers.
        Thanks,
        Rich

Comment

• Collectors-info
          General

• Feb 2006

Hi the head part you can place in .....Main menu>View>Page HTML> & the tag marked Between the head.
          The other part of the code can be placed in a html box that you place on the front of your BV page.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
          X