Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me remove a link!

Hi guys,

I hope I'm in the right section. Sorry if I am not.

Recently I joined web ring to see what it was. Apparently it is a link exchange site of some sort.

I did not place their code on my site for various reasons. However if you look at www.painfreeacupuncture.com.au you will see at the top of the page there is a link saying "Powered by Webring". I did not put this there!

I contacted them to ask them to remove it and this was their reply: "This is not a question for the Terms of Service team as no infraction has been noted. You are not a 2.0 member so no one here at WebRing installed coding for you. Only could have installed it unless you authorized someone else. But that someone was not here.
    Any further questions about your account should be directed to a more qualified member of staff using a more appropriate topic.

Is it possible for someone to help me with remove this link as I don't think it is fair for them to leave it there.

Thanks guys for your help in advance.

Matt
    Matt Roessler
    Pain-Free Acupuncture
    www.painfreeacupuncture.com.au

Re: Please help me remove a link!

Might be wrong? But can only assume you popped this code on your page at some time (Possibly under one of the page properties tags).

<body background="Matt Acu back copy (1024 x 1500).jpg" bgcolor="#009300" text="#000000" link="#8B0000" alink="#8B0000" style="scrollbar-face-color:#C9B48B;scrollbar-arrow-color:#000000;scrollbar-3dlight-color:#F0F0F0;scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#696969;scrollbar-highlight-color:#FFFFFF;scrollbar-shadow-color:#A0A0A0;scrollbar-track-color:#C8C8C8;" <script language=javascript type="text/javascript" src="http://ss.webring.com/navbar?f=j;y=frogkase;u=defurl">
    </script>
    <center>Powered by <a href="http://dir.webring.com/rw" target=_top>WebRing</a>.</center>

<!--optional-->
    <noscript><center><table bgcolor=gray cellspacing=0 border=2><tr>
    <td><table cellpadding=2 cellspacing=0 border=0><tr><td align=center>
    <font face=arial size=-1>This site is a member of WebRing.
    <br>To browse visit <a href="http://ss.webring.com/navbar?f=l;y=frogkase;u=defurl">
    Here</a>.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>
    </center></noscript>
    >
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris,

Thank you very much for your answer. I must have put it in and forgotten.. what an idiot :)

Thanks for letting me know. I went and took out the code and all is good.

Appreciate that.
      Matt Roessler
      Pain-Free Acupuncture
      www.painfreeacupuncture.com.au

Comment

No problem.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment