Linking sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking sites

I have just published all my pages including my index.htm page and my other bluevoda pages. I have linked them all up as per the tetorials, but when i got onto the my webpage www.all4pets.org.uk/index.htm and try and clink one of the links it comes up with a 404 error.

Also it wont display my pages unless I go onto all4pets.org.uk/index.htm! How can I set it up so that I can just type in www.all4pets.org.uk and it will open my index page

Any replies will be much aprechiated

many thanks
    Dog Walking, Cambridge

Re: Linking sites

Originally posted by all4pets View Post
    I have just published all my pages including my index.htm page and my other bluevoda pages. I have linked them all up as per the tetorials, but when i got onto the my webpage www.all4pets.org.uk/index.htm and try and clink one of the links it comes up with a 404 error.

Also it wont display my pages unless I go onto all4pets.org.uk/index.htm! How can I set it up so that I can just type in www.all4pets.org.uk and it will open my index page

Any replies will be much aprechiated

many thanks
    First of all, this is your homepage http://www.all4pets.org.uk/. Get used to giving this as the link, or www.all4pets.org.uk and not www.all4pets.org.uk/index.htm. There is no need to add the index.html to the end of the domain. The website will automatically go to the 'index' page first upon clicking on just the main domain url.

With regards to your other pages, make sure they are published, and then make sure the names are correct. e.g 'Contact' is not the same as 'contact' (lower case)

Also, check your links bar, I have to click some way to the right of each button before it will let me click, as opposed to clicking over the name on the button itself.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I've been able to link most of my pages via the navigation bar, but there is just two pages that say URL not found when I use the verify tool. I've tribble ckecked and they correct got capital letter were they should be, spelt correctly. I have tried saving them as diffrent names and relinking them with the new name but still coming up with the same URL not found. They both got the most infomation on them. Could they be too full? Please help I've been trying to get my site up and running for a week now :(

Many thanks in advance
      Dog Walking, Cambridge

Comment

I've answerd my own question :) Got it all working now. They were saved under php. Many thanks for your suport
        Dog Walking, Cambridge

Comment

Working...
        X