hyperlink question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hyperlink question

I have my pages set up but don't seem to understand hyperlinking. I have looked at the tut and I believe I have done what was instructed. But.....
    I have the box with the buttons, have filled in the properties page. When I click on the button it only takes me to the property page, not to the page the button is (I thought) linked to. I'm doing something wrong, any help would be appreciated.

Dorothy

Re: hyperlink question

Originally posted by whitewaves View Post
    I have my pages set up but don't seem to understand hyperlinking. I have looked at the tut and I believe I have done what was instructed. But.....
    I have the box with the buttons, have filled in the properties page. When I click on the button it only takes me to the property page, not to the page the button is (I thought) linked to. I'm doing something wrong, any help would be appreciated.

Dorothy
    Dorothy, If you click on the button it should take you to the properties of that button and you should see a field where you insert your link.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

ok, that seems to be working but when someone clicks on a button they don't want to go to my properties page, they want to go the the page the link is for.

Comment

and they will so long as you put the link into the button...
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

ok, then I guess the question is how do I put the link into the button?

Dorothy

Comment

ok, then I guess the question is how do I put the link into the button?

Dorothy
            click on it, or right click 'properties' add link in there

Comment

I have done that and have put four buttons on my home page they are all listed on the properties page.

When I clink on the button it only takes me to the properties page.

When I shop on lets say a department store on the web, I click on ***** I get taken to a page with ***** on it, not a properties page with a list of hyperlinks. This is what I am looking for. When I click on one of the buttons I wish to be taken to that page in my site, not a properties page. I do have html on the end of each URL.

Thanks for your help
              Dorothy

Comment

No.. You have to change the properties of the BUTTON to add the hyperlink to your DEPARTMENT STORE PAGE. So if you sell *s*h*o*e*s, you have to right click on the menu or on the button and choose properties, then you can edit the *s*h*o*e button... http://www.whaveryoursiteis . com/*s*h*o*e*s.html

Leave out the spaces of course. Marincky has been explaining it to you all along .. you wont be linking to a properties page. Please just try it.

Also.. please post a link to your site so we can see where you are actually having an issue. Its like picking a needle out of the haystack here trying to get everyone on the same page.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I hope this will work.

Dorothy

Comment

Ok.. you have to name your first page: index

Nothing else. Otherwise your site wont show up.

Have you done the tutorials? They will really help you to understand what you are doing. Watch them and then do. You can pause them, work, play ... do some more.. pause... work etc.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

When I type in www.powerofpinkbcf.com I get my home page. Then, if I click About Us, it opens - same with photo gallery. But, if I am in about us or photo gallery and hit Home, it cannot find page. I am trying to make corrections to website and I cannot publish corrections to About us or photo gallery. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Use the "import a page from the web" in bluevoda
                        change the home menu link to just

then publish the new .bvp page to your website.

Here is a step
                        by step visual tutorial
                        on how to import a page into blue voda.
                        Have fun
                        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                        Newbies / Beginners Forum
                        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Sorry, but I'm back again. I had some problems getting through to you, but they are solved and I would like to solve the remaining problems and get published.

I have labled all of my buttons. I have an Index (my first page). If I right or left click a properties drop down comes up but no link. I can R/L click any where on the page and get the same results. I can do that on any page and get the same results. The only place I can get a link is by right clicking on the banner. Then a link drop down comes up. But no matter what I click on in there nothing links to anything. I am trying to link from one page to another. When I get this solved I'll move on to linking outside my wbe site. Thank you for your help. dorothy

Comment

Sorry, but I'm back again. I had some problems getting through to you, but they are solved and I would like to solve the remaining problems and get published.

I have labled all of my buttons. I have an Index (my first page). If I right or left click a properties drop down comes up but no link. I can R/L click any where on the page and get the same results. I can do that on any page and get the same results. The only place I can get a link is by right clicking on the banner. Then a link drop down comes up. But no matter what I click on in there nothing links to anything. I am trying to link from one page to another. When I get this solved I'll move on to linking outside my wbe site. Thank you for your help. dorothy
                            It should not be Index.. it should be lowercase... index

How did you insert the buttons.. are these buttons you made or navigation buttons? double click or right click should open their properties. you should then be able to edit and add a link. Type it in manually. Even if they are your own images or button images, you can put a link in them.

Did you do the tutorials? AS directed?
                            Video tutorials about how to create an amazing website with the BlueVoda website builder, brought to you by VodaHost web hosting.

There are 4 videos in the middle of the page that specifically deal with LINKING. do those and see if they clear up your confusion.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

The buttons are from BV. I have viewed the tuts over and over and over, they don't help. I changed home to Index, when I try to save as index it stays Index. I checked tools, two links were verified, now when I went back non were verified. The two that were verified were using my username, not my web site. I don't know... I feel that you do not have an answer or any instructions on how to link one page to another. I have been stuck here for over a week, and I guess I'm just getting frustrated.

Comment

Working...
                              X