• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pink_eeyore
    First Lieutenant

• Nov 2008

link verifier bug

So I changed my drop down menu bar to a text menu. I verified all my links and used the link verifier tool. Needless to say, after copying the new menu into 30+ pages thinking it was perfect, and only after I was done for a few hours did I came to discover that the link verifier is messed up! It validated a URL that is does not exist: http://www.bigpawserives.com/prices.html

should be SERVICES not serives

Is this a common bug with the link verifier? Anyone?

Just giving others a heads up so you do not rely on it sole. Run a test on one sample and check online thoroughly. Don't be lazy like me and rely on it to find out 6 hours later that you need to re-do all that work over again. grrr

p.s.

I should really use phpto create and use a single menu and use it in all my pages with the html box.
    Mr. Big Paw
    Somewhere in the CO mountains
    Big Paw Services
  • dougnez
    Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Re: link verifier bug

Hi adir
    I guess it's like Word Spell Check .. After you publish you come to fine lots of misspelled works ... Doug

Comment

• pink_eeyore
      First Lieutenant

• Nov 2008

For spell check I have my english Phd girlfriend - she will be proofing everything for me when I'm done;)

But I thought the link verify in the tools menu was supposed to catch all the bad links - when I went back to recheck every page and used the link verifier is still did not catch the error - I had to scroll through all the verified links to find the one it had thought was a valid URL - it was not. Guess the program was tired too. I've pulled an alnighter for this... it's 8am where I'm at...

thanks Doug and good night
      Mr. Big Paw
      Big Paw Services

Comment

• Karen Mac
        General

• Apr 2006

The link verifier verifies that its a valid link. It doesnt validate your spelling or rather or not a link actually exists on your hard drive, which would be a different LINK than what would be published on the web. IT cant check the web if you havent published that page yet.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• pink_eeyore
          First Lieutenant

• Nov 2008

All my pages have been published. I suppose it was a malfunction somewhere... When I checked it now, after resting for the day and restarting my computer, the link verifier is not catching the bad URL.

Perhaps it was a small little bug lol.

Thanks for all your assistance thus far!
          Mr. Big Paw
          Big Paw Services

Comment

Working...
          X