Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error and Success Pages.

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I have been successful in publishing my first ever Web Page, but there is one thing I am really stuck on. Maybe I am a little slow to understand this, but, error/success pages. How do I create these, are they the same as any other page? I get the 404 error if I type a wrong email address in when I tested this but the error page does not send my customers back to my site. How can I do this but PLEASE... in simple terms as this is very new to me. I have searched this site but have found no answer to these specific pages. I have found this program very good and I have learnt a lot. As I am in my Senior Years I am quite proud of myself. Thank You Blue Voda. This site is excellent and maybe that is why I am now an Affiliate. JJB
    http://www.tecnichomemarketing.com.
    P.S. My site is quite basic to others but improvement will come, I am working on this right now. Adios.

Re: Error and Success Pages.

Hi there, well allow me to at least give it a try.
    I can see that you used the simple "form" builder in BlueVoda to get that contact box on to your front page right?
    How do I know that? Because that page is published as a .php page not .html.
    So, when you go into BlueVoda and select that form element you will notice it asks you to state where the "success" and "error" pages are.

These are simple pages that you create that the person entering their info is sent to depending on whether the sign up was successful or not. The form box will automatically send them to that page. For example go to:
    www.my-photography-tips.com/contact.php this is like you Home page with a form on it.
    Then go to www.my-photography-tips.com/success.html This is my success page.
    Then www.my-photography-tips.com/error.html this is the error page.

The success and error pages are just like any other pages you create.
    Video Editing Software Reviews
    Video Editing Software Tips
    DVD Disc Repair

Comment

Thank you, I have been trying to get an answer for at least 10 days now. You are the only one who came forward, you are a blessing. I will try to do this but I could be back. Thank you you are a star. Jenny.

Comment

I am having the same problem. I have built my form page along with my success and fail page yet I cannot link them together. After I fill out the form and hit send I get the 404 error message, cannot find www.travelingtoddlers/success.html page. Ironically the form is sent to my email address. Any ideas???

www.travelingtoddlers.com

Comment

You left the .com part off the address for the success page.
          I can navigate to:
          http://www.travelingtoddlers.com/success.html just fine!

By the way, I tried to navigate to the "Contact" form at the bottom of the Home page and got the "Order" form.
          You should separate these out. Have a real "Contact" form that allows just...errr...contact! feedback etc. Have the Order form marked clearly as such.

Prospective customers react badly to surprises.
          Video Editing Software Reviews
          Video Editing Software Tips
          DVD Disc Repair

Comment

Working...
          X