Making changed after publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making changed after publishing

I've finished creating my webpages, received my username & password to publish. Do i publish each page seperately? After i publish, how do i make changes to my pages for updates & such. How long does it take for the chages to take effect? I'm nervous to publish until i know how easy/difficult it will be to make relevant changes. I would love help.

Thx. Christine www.loveyourselftohealth.ca

Re: Making changed after publishing

Am i doing this correctly, i don't quite understand where i should go to view an answer to my question. I think i'm replying to my own 'thread' question?!?!?!?!

Thx. Christine www.loveyourselftohealth.ca

Comment

Hi, yes! publish each page separately. If you want to change what you have already published. Make the changes on your BV page & publish again. Normally, the changes are immediate.
      If you don't see a change, hit F5 many times to refresh your browser as the old pages might still be caught in your computers cache.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm a Brit too but i live in Canada.

Comment

See .. now you got answered....

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I know this reply is a bit late, but I've not long joined the forum and couldn't help noticing your post.

There is actually no need to have to keep re-publishing pages in BV. Any changes can be made via 'File Manager' within the control panel.

There is the need to be familiar with some html though!

Check out this site http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp loads of useful examples to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by paulyf View Post
              I know this reply is a bit late, but I've not long joined the forum and couldn't help noticing your post.

There is actually no need to have to keep re-publishing pages in BV. Any changes can be made via 'File Manager' within the control panel.

There is the need to be familiar with some html though!

Check out this site http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp loads of useful examples to play with.
              Cant quite make out why anyone would go to the filer manager, make changes in html & then not have a BV page back up ?.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Tip: There is a full site back up available within the control panel!!

Comment

Chris is saying why would someone want manually edit the html and then not have those changes reflected in their BV files. If they were to ever republish their BV pages it would undo all of the changes made to the html. I mean technically your correct there is no need to ever use BV after you initally publish the page, but there also isn't a need to use it to begin with. But the reason many use BV to begin with is because they don't want to or have the time to learn html.

Register/Login Script
                  Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

I'm personally only using BV as a publisher and because it was free. I'm also not bothered about saving files in BV, except of course for the original pages that I created. As my site is up and running and I am familiar with html, I simply prefer to just edit and back up my files using the control panel. Having another site, I suppose I have just got used to working like this. I respect the fact that not everyone has the time for, or wants to learn html. As I have not long joined the forum, I was a bit surprised that all the talk was about republishing everything.

Comment

Then maybe you should just follow along for a while then before jumping in and offering such information. If you like to manually code then do so but know that most everyone on this forum works primarily with the builders, only adding or changing code if there is no ther option.
                      Reguards
                      Ed
                      www.dsondesigns.com
                      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                      www.300hitter.com
                      www.bigjk.net
                      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Working...
                      X