• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lip
    Private

• Feb 2009

advanced button usage

Hi! This is my very first post, so I may have the wrong forum. If so, sorry!
    I have created (but not published) several of the pages for my website. I am trying to set up the links between the pages. I created ALL of my link buttons using the advanced button feature from the top menu bar. I NOW know that I should have used the navigation button from the side menu to create my navigation buttons (it would have been easier). However, I have invested a lot of time/energy in the multiple pages with buttons (I like how the buttons look). My question is---can I use this method to link my pages or am I going to have to start over with this process? When I go to the properties page for the individual button, I have the option of choosing button type. If I choose "OnClick", it gives me the option to "navigate to the specified url". Do I then type the url destination into the "OnClick value" pane? Thanks for any help you can give me, Lip. www.doecreekminiatures.com I set up my site hosting with vodahost appr 9 months ago, but am JUST now getting around to building my site.
  • D'son
    Major General

• Apr 2008

Re: advanced button usage

Yes that will work, but you should realize that normal navagation reacts differently to the user placing the mouse over the button, ie: the curser will change to a hand which most users associate with links. But you should be OK if this is the style you really want.

Also the link you gave just takes us to an "index of" page (probably because you said you have not published anything) I would publish an index page that atleast says your site is under construction with some sort of description as to what is coming (maybe your page layout without all the content).
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

• Lip
      Private

• Feb 2009

Thanks for the input! If this method cannot be "adjusted" to show a hand when mousing over, I will take the time to redo my buttons in the proper format. As soon as I make that change I will go ahead & publish the pages that I have (even the one still under construction). Once I have published, how do I make corrections? Do I just publish the same page (with corrections) again? Is this the way to update the site (from time to time I will need to change pictures & some of the content)? Would I need to redo the "crawler" function if I publish a page again? Thanks, Lip

Comment

• D'son
        Major General

• Apr 2008

Yes to update your pages you simply make the changes, save and republish. If you add a form of any kind to your page however it will have to be pubished as a .php so you will have to change all your links and if the form is on the index page remove the .html version from the server for it to pull up the right page.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

• Lip
          Private

• Feb 2009

Thanks for the heads up! I do plan on putting a form on one page. If I understand you right, I need to publish THAT page with a .php ext & make sure my buttons that take someone to that page show a url address with that ext. Is this correct?
          Thanks for all your help. Lip

Comment

Working...
          X