hyperlinking question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hyperlinking question

I have managed to hyper link one image out of four, and one text out of four in a navigation-type bar to my subpages. I have gone over several times all the codes, properties to try to duplicate what I did to the one that worked to the others that don't. I keep getting "not found" url and problem 404. Any ideas what could be the problem? My website-http://www.chrispagliarodesign.com

Re: problems with hyperlinking

I tried the pendants-page. html and got the page not found. Could it be that page isn't published? If not, before you go further, please rethink the naming of your pages. Why is page in the name? Make the name the best keyword for the page - even if it's just pendant. Get that right before you redo them. But, yes, you can put all the linking in, but the pages won't show up if they aren't published yet.

Oh, you also do not want these pages to open new windows. Do that for a link OFF your website, not within it - you'll lose potential customers in a heartbeat otherwise.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thankyou Beth for your reply. I followed everything you said, expect the part that you recomend linking off my site. - I'm lost with that- What and where would I link to? I am using blue voda. Thanks- chris

Comment

what she means here is if you are going to link to another website, such as adobe reader, then make the target blank so it opens a new window/browser. if you are linking from one page to another within your website, use the target self. that way you will not open a new window/browser.
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

thanks mr.m144, I still have problems figuring out why my other images do not hyperlink. I have gone through it several times, republished every thing, walked away, gone through it again. I do not know what is different, or missing. I hope someone can help. My website-www.chrispagliarodesign.com

Comment

I am new to this whole website stuff...I need better step by step directions on how to link my text pages. I have tried to view the tutorials and I just don't get the same results..."page can not be found or link broken" is the message I get. Please help!
            How do I link my 5 pages to the index page? Thanks!

Comment

I have the same problem. I notice that somehow the one link that works is javascript and the others (that don't work) are just http://www. This is my first stab at a website. It looks good in Bluvoda on my computer but I can't get anything to work once loaded into Cpanel.

Comment

Re: hyperlinking question

Hi,
                Open all your pages you have in BV.
                Click navigation icon in BV
                Create your links in edit box.
                Be sure to add pages like www.chrispagliarodesign.com/about.html (same as page name)
                You can select self as target.
                Select style.

Now close.
                Copy the navigation bar and paste on each page.
                each page will now be linked to each other.
                Now publish each page.

You may want to do one more thing...so wait to publish.
                You may want to remove on each page the link to its self.
                For example,if you are on your contact page...you can remove contact page from the navigation bar, other wise you will just have a link that is useless.
                Navigation bar for your index page is:
                www.chrisXXXx.com/rings.html
                www.chrisxxxx.com/pendants.html
                www,cherisxxx.com/contact.html (or php if using form)
                and so on
                on pendant page...remove pendant and replace with index.html
                do same for each page..
                Hope this helps. I suggest having each page linked as it is a small site.

Good luck,
                Mike

Comment

Working...
                X