Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Page names in menus are different from page names in links?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page names in menus are different from page names in links?

Hi,

I'm trying to build menus in my index page, but when I click on "verify links" they appear with the status "URL not found".

In the tutorials, we are asked not to forget to name our pages .html when related to our own website. Perhaps this is what I've got wrong...

I needed to change the file extension in File Properties to php, instead of html, otherwise I can't preview my pages. So I renamed the links, but still not working.

If I delete all extensions, the URL appears "verified", but would that mean that the pages are not related to my website?

Please help me finding out if links for navigation bars, pictures and text menus, have the same structure. And if so, which extension (knowing that most pages have images), no extension ?

http://[URL="http://www.mnb.international.com/Products"]www.mnb.international.com/Products[/URL]

THANK YOU !

Re: Page names in menus are different from page names in links?

Your website won't work until you repoint your domain to the VH servers and you publish your website.

You don't add any extension to the name of any of your page files, this is automatically done when you publish your site. You do have a choice however to use .php or .html. This is entirely up to you, both will work, but make that decision before you start and stick with it.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

so how we repoint to VH severs? am really new

Comment

If you bought the domain from VH then you need to speak to them. If you bought the domain elsewhere then you need to log into your admin area from wherever you boguth it from and change the nameservers to the two that will have been given to you in your welcome email.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

ok am sorry is this the same as me? because what am doing is seting the main menu u know the contacs the services etc. but when i click on the contacts it opens a empty page i dont know how to re-direct? iguess or how to make the other link to work. am sorry my english is not the best and may be asking the same question, but i dont know nothing about it thanx for the help

Comment

What is your web site address?
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

www.apctechservices.com

Comment

is this the right place to ask this question? please help i need to move with the page

Comment

Your contact page link should be http://www.apctechservices.com/contacto.html
                  If you are going to use a form on the page the url we be with a php extension. IE:

As forms need to use php.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

yea!!!!! i got it! thannk you so much i was missing the www. after the http:// thank you again

Comment

Working...
                    X