• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hnldock
    Corporal

• Oct 2010

menu links to my pages

sorry but i still cannot figure out how to fix it so when i click on the menu bar of say rates or about us or faq it will go to that page...i understand that i create the page and save it and then i click properties and it has a place for me to enter the URL...but what URL?...my site is bangkokomni.com

can you please tell me exactly what i would enter for rates and for faq so when i click the menu button for rates it takes me to my rates page and when i click faq it takes me to faq page??

may be simple to some but darn if i can figure it out....and yes i watched the tutorials....
  • Tom Finley
    Brigadier General

• Mar 2008

Re: menu links to my pages

1. Your pages must be published before the links to them will work.
    2. A typical published page address might look like this: http://www.yoursite.com/rates.html (see your browser's address bar at the top of this page for a real example)
    3. That would be the link you would enter.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

• Hnldock
      Corporal

• Oct 2010

ok i created a page for each of my menu buttons and i saved it and then i published it....i also filled in the links on the properties page exactly as stated...and it still doesn't work...i get this message when i go online to my site bangkokomni.com and click on one of my buttons ...what am i doing wrong?

Not Found

The requested URL /bangkokomni.com/rates.html was not found on this server.
      Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

Comment

• Hnldock
        Corporal

• Oct 2010

Everything works ok when i preview in browser but when i go online to my site bangkokomni.com then the links don't work???

Comment

• Tom Finley
          Brigadier General

• Mar 2008

Your pages are OK (the ones I looked at, anyway) but your links are wrong.

Here's an example of what you have: http://www.bangkokomni.com/bangkokomni.com/aboutus.html

Here's what you should have: http://www.bangkokomni.com/aboutus.html

Click them and see what happens. Delete the extra stuff from your links and you should be good.

Comment

• Hnldock
            Corporal

• Oct 2010

Ok thank you so much...i got it...the problem was i was setting the links off of the property button on a page that was not index...now it all seems to work...

by the way...i am also from hawaii for many years but now in thailand...so mahalo for your kokua and GO BOWS

Comment

• Tom Finley
              Brigadier General

• Mar 2008

:) Best wishes with your site. Several friends have made the move from here to Thailand, or go there a lot.

Comment

Working...
              X