• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eides
    Second Lieutenant

• Feb 2009

Linking to a php file on my computer

Hello Again

My URL is www.bptradeshow.com. I have been continually attempting to to use FTP Manager and link a button to an external file php file. I uploaded the file 112010 Phil's Leveled Pricing (4).pdf to the right side and moved them to the left side in the FTP Manager. On my website page, www.bptradeshow.com/specials.php, I added and linked a button "Click for Pricing" within the margins! The link still does not work! Please Help! I'm obviously missing a small but very important part of the process.

Thanks for the Help!
    Phil
    www.BenefitPlace.biz
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Linking to a php file on my computer

Honestly, I think you need to refresh your browser - load the page in your browser once and for all ... your "Grand Opening Pricing" link and page works just fine.

Now .... reading onto your Thread Title and the nature of your original question ... if you are trying to link to a DOCUMENT that you have uploaded earlier, such as a PDF "file" that is a different matter altogether.
    You will have to upload the PDF file, and then link to is thus: http://www.YourSite.com/title.pdf

Only you know for sure what you are trying to do, for as stated above, the link and page you seem to be talking about works fine, but requires you to refresh your browser if you yourself cannot view it.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Linking to a php file on my computer

Please note that such file names are invalid and may cause many older browsers to fail.
      For best compatibility, filenames should be all lowercase, and they should not contain any whitespaces or quotes, symbols etc.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
      X