• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjmoran
    Private First Class

• Nov 2011

Multiple Hyperlinks - Popup Properties and Style for All

Hello.

I have pages that I am creating that have multiple links (each page has 100s of them; its a scripture concordance). For each one (text), when creating in BlueVoda, I select the text, right click, select "Link", enter in the URL, select "open link in a popup window", and then enter the popup window settings. I also have a style I use for each link (selected in the "Style" pull-down). I do this for every single one (it takes forever to do a whole page).

I should've asked this question before I got started, as I'm halfway done now, but is there a way that I can apply the popup window settings and style property to all of these without having to manually setup each one? There's got to be a better way. I'm also guessing I could've done this with some sort of database that feeds into my web page. No matter, if you could at least address the first question (apply popup and style to all without having to manually do each one).

Here's an example:

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Multiple Hyperlinks - Popup Properties and Style for All

No .. it doesn't matter if your using a dynamic Menu or creating manual text links - they all must be individually created.

The hyperlinks STYLE, once set for the page, will apply to the entire page until you change it and will be inherited upon each page that you CLONE from that page afterward. If you change the STYLE in subsequent pages, you will have to re-configure all hyperlinks styles (they will still have the style name listed and seemingly associated with individual items, but they will not actually be applied to things like Menu items or other universal elements until re-applied manually). *This same principle applies to any Custom Colors saved in your color palette: they too, need to be re-established once the continuity is broken.

To make it somewhat easier, though, you may wish to have a simple pre-formatted link (and other items) in an MS Word document that you can COPY + PASTE from and then have but a few variables to change per link rather than individually typing each one out by hand.

Welcome to the world of fine details in webbuilding!

Also, keep in mind that if you plan on using manually created "onclick" links (the manual method for creating pop-up's), they can be entered once and function fine, but if you ever re-open the dialog, they are lost and must be re-entered.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• cjmoran
      Private First Class

• Nov 2011

Re: Multiple Hyperlinks - Popup Properties and Style for All

OK. I understand. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X