• Show
Clear All
  • melsm57
    Private

• Mar 2013

Navigation Buttons don't work as per video tutorial

Not sure what happened to my last post.
    Anyway, trying again - I've just downloaded the program
    and although templates and text are working fine.
    When i follow the instructions from the video re Navigation buttons I get
    the following error : selected button image not found
    Not sure why? I've not chosen a button image, just clicked on the navigation tool
    and all i get is a blank box where I suspect 4 buttons ought to be that I can
    customize as home, contact, etc etc
    Any advise?
    thanks
    Mel Morris
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Navigation Buttons don't work as per video tutorial

Originally posted by melsm57 View Post
    I've just downloaded the program and although templates and text are working fine. When i follow the instructions from the video re Navigation buttons I get the following error : selected button image not found
    Remember to Search the Forums to find solutions first .... Nav Buttons Missing?

Download BlueVoda once again, installing it on the Desktop over your previous installation (so to preserve your saved page files - do not delete BlueVoda already installed on your system!) to over-write a copy that may have been compromised during your first download due to connection integrity or other complication that obviously has resulted in an incomplete file.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• candy
      Private

• Mar 2013

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      Remember to Search the Forums to find solutions first .... Nav Buttons Missing?

Download BlueVoda once again, installing it on the Desktop over your previous installation (so to preserve your saved page files - do not delete BlueVoda already installed on your system!) to over-write a copy that may have been compromised during your first download due to connection integrity or other complication that obviously has resulted in an incomplete file.

I have the same problem!I did what you said twice but nothing changed...I acted as if nothing was wrong,right-clicked and named the navigation buttons as usually,but the names do not appear on the buttons after publishing,and connect to the old pages,istead of the new pages I uploaded...Is this the reason???Thank you!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

How to ask for assistance

Comment

• candy
          Private

• Mar 2013

I'm very sorry about that.
          My domain name is www.mariastratigou.com Thank you very much for your help!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by candy View Post
            I'm very sorry about that. My domain name is www.mariastratigou.com Thank you very much for your help!
            You have two different Menu systems on your site, both of which are ill-formatted with extra spacing between the buttons that can be reduced to not only look cleaner and uniform within the design, but to reduce the overall horizonal "size" that can be best positioned within the boundaries of your defined page dimensions.

I believe this is what is causing the issue, in particular with the second ("pink accented") Menu that is showing on your interior pages ... the margins of the Menu are extended outside of your page margins.

STARTING AT THE INDEX PAGE, you should 1. re-format your Index page Menu by reducing the padding (spacing) between buttons - which is done in Menu Properties; 2. "Center" your text within the buttons rather than "align left" and then 3. COPY+PASTE that same corrected Index page menu across all your pages. Then, 4. SAVE those updated pages, and 5. re-publish them individually.

This will not only provide a consistent "look" to your website, but will establish the CONTINUITY that is essential for all Dynamic Elements (especially Navigation) to function and display properly. For the proper method of creating or updating pages and a brief explanation of how "continuity" comes to play, please review this post in order to avoid any possible pratfalls >
            http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/add...tml#post372975

Comment

• candy
              Private

• Mar 2013

Hello again!
              After having deleted all my pages in BV,and having done everything you suggested,including how to name and save the pages,I published them again but nothing changed.Even the new Index page isn't updated,and still connects to the old other pages.
              Please,help!
              I have this site for years,and never had these problems before...

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

If you have followed the suggestions above in the order they were presented, you should have no problems whatsoever.

If the only Index page is not changing (not 'updating') it sounds as if you may simply need to refresh your browser until the new page version loads fully.

If none of the pages show any changes or updates, it sounds like you may be publishing to an old IP, as the servers have recently been updated and hosting accounts moved to new servers. Contact Customer Service to confirm the proper IP to which you need to publish to.

Comment

Working...
                X