• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leeza
    replied
    Re: How to create hyperlinks

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
    You can build your whole website with BlueVoda and have everything ready to publish. But in order to 'see' your links working (and thoroughly test your site) you have to publish your site. You can only publish your site once you have created your VodaHost hosting account. The information you need, in order to publish, will be sent in your welcome email.
    Hi- off subject but I don't know where else to post it- in your webporium site, the text is awesome the way it pops out and looks like shade in the background- could you tell me how to do that?
    Thanks- and you've helped me before and I am VERY grateful for that, too!

Leeza

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm Mills
    replied

Musicman,

I renamed all of my page files and also downloaded BV8 again.

I didn't republish but noticed that I can now link two of the pages for one shot only fom the preview screen. That's the equivelant of the browser isn't it? Oh yes, and I can also link a third page but it *******tes the Index page in it's place. Is that confusing enough or what? My synapsis seemed to be snapped.

Is it the way I have hyperlinked? Actually, as the Link buttons are grayed out on the top of each page I am a bit confused as to how to change the hyperlinks anyway.

Have I completely kaiboshed things by uploading my public file in the Control Panel? Oh where is my IT department when I need them??

It would be music to me ears if you had another trick up your sleeve...

Thanks,

Malcolm M

Leave a comment:

• Muzicman
    replied

Hey Malcom, try downloading BV-8 one more time. I won't delete the pages you've built, but it will provide any new updates you pc might need.

If that doesn't work, then try renaming your pages (even if it's the same name). Just delete what you have as the url and retype.

Thirdly, don't look for the link to happen in BV. The link will take place as you preview or publish.

I hope this helps solve your problem.

Leave a comment:

• Girlonthehill
    replied

Originally posted by teroleague
    I'm trying the website builder, so far is cool, but I can't link two pages together. What you're telling here is I have to buy the Host first before I can finsh my site with Blue voda????
    You can build your whole website with BlueVoda and have everything ready to publish. But in order to 'see' your links working (and thoroughly test your site) you have to publish your site. You can only publish your site once you have created your VodaHost hosting account. The information you need, in order to publish, will be sent in your welcome email.

Leave a comment:

• teroleague
    Guest replied

Originally posted by navaldesign
    Excactly: you see, the links in BV reffer to absolute URLs, that is pages live on the Internet. Since your pages only exist on your computer, they can't be linked.
    I'm trying the website builder, so far is cool, but I can't link two pages together. What you're telling here is I have to buy the Host first before I can finsh my site with Blue voda????

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Originally posted by celeste
    So, it's safe to say that there is noway you can link your pages together until your have your page published?
    Excactly: you see, the links in BV reffer to absolute URLs, that is pages live on the Internet. Since your pages only exist on your computer, they can't be linked.

Leave a comment:

• celeste
    replied

So, it's safe to say that there is noway you can link your pages together until your have your page published?

Leave a comment:

• the-one
    replied

thx

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Yes, you must purchase a VodaHost account in order to publish your site. When you do, you get a domain name for free for the first year.

Click Here to take the royal VodaHost Tour
    Click Here for the VodaHost Help Centre & Tutorials

Leave a comment:

• the-one
    replied

u know to make ur pages able to use hyperlink with each other

Leave a comment:

• the-one
    replied

hey im new i was wondering if u have to pay to get a domain name?

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

No, do not use the ftp:// link, use the normal http://www.yourdomain.com/foldername/filename.doc type of link.

Files OUTSIDE the public_html are not accessible by the public (only by the site administrator or an authorised FTP user) using either FTP or File Manager.

Leave a comment:

• mcnora
    replied

I can't figure out how to get an ftp hyperlink to work. The files I'm linking to are Word docs. I've followed video tutorial directions for uploading them, so far as I know. In Blue FTP, I created a New Folder and uploaded the docs to them, and they're appearing where they should (so far as I can tell) in the BlueFTP window.

But when I go to Insert Hyperlink, I have no idea how to identify these files in the URL window following the ftp:// I tried out multiple variations with the name of the file, and the hyperlink appears to be created. But when I try to open the link on my Mac, I get an error message that I don't have permission to view the page. On my Windows machine, I get the 'page cannot be displayed' page.

Can anyone help?
    mcnora

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Originally posted by Damien2812
    Im stuck on the same thing also!
    Do you have a VH account? If yes, you must also have a domain name.
    In that case, supposing that your domain name is www.yourdomainname.com the Url for linking to, f.e., page2 of your site, is " http://www.yourdomainname.com/page2.html " .

If you don't have a domain name (and account) you can't link anything exept other peoples, existing URLs.

Leave a comment:

• Damien2812
    replied

Im stuck on the same thing also!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X