Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emailing unpublished web pages

Hi there

I live in Australia and, before I publish them, I'd like to show some of the web pages to a friend who lives overseas. I've tried saving them as pdf files but some of the elements don't transfer across. I've also tried attaching some pages but that doesn't seem to work either. Any suggestions ??

Detours
    ID 62579725

Re: Emailing unpublished web pages

To my knowledge, the only way to view them is to either publish them (which you need a Vodahost account to do), or another idea is if you friend downloads the free bluevoda webbuilder onto his computer and then you can send your file to him, but it must be set up exactly as you have it on your computer, directory, file names, etc. or I don't think it will work. It is similar to people who work on their website from their home, laptop and work. The setup of the directory and file system must be identical however, in order to view them (I believe). If I am wrong, I'm sure someone will be by to correct me.
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Cindy is right

No matter how you save them and then email them the images would not come through because they have not been published, and those images would not be on the other persons computer in the same directory, perhaps the best would be to publish them and send the link to all the pages .... you can always redo your pages and republish after comments are received, and you could always take them down too in your ftp manager or control panel ..... and then republish again when ready.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok thanks for your help. May have to revert to the good old fax machine....

Comment

Working...
        X