Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP Organizing

Hi,

I just got my homepage up, but I don’t want to ad more pages until I know how to organize my web files properly on the server. Right now every little file is under one folder. How can I organize them so that I can delete a page, not every little thing on it at once?

(should I use cpannel or bluevoda ftp manager.)

accusound.ca

Re: FTP Organizing

Originally posted by xlrsound
    Hi,

I just got my homepage up, but I don’t want to ad more pages until I know how to organize my web files properly on the server. Right now every little file is under one folder. How can I organize them so that I can delete a page, not every little thing on it at once?

(should I use cpannel or bluevoda ftp manager.)

accusound.ca
    Hi there

Everything that you publish to your website will go into your public_html directory (folder/file)(and this is the one that you are seeing when you go into your control panel) unless you wanted a directory that was not accessible by the public (a password protected directory). So basically, all your files will remain in the public_html directory.

In your control panel, you can delete one of your html pages, however, any images, shapes, will stay in your directory, deleting this page does not delete the images,shapes, etc. You would need to delete those one by one in your control panel.

Or if you delete in your ftp manager, you are able to delete more than one file at one, by selecting one and then hold down on your shift key to delete several at a time.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
      Hi there

Everything that you publish to your website will go into your public_html directory (folder/file)(and this is the one that you are seeing when you go into your control panel) unless you wanted a directory that was not accessible by the public (a password protected directory). So basically, all your files will remain in the public_html directory.

In your control panel, you can delete one of your html pages, however, any images, shapes, will stay in your directory, deleting this page does not delete the images,shapes, etc. You would need to delete those one by one in your control panel.

Or if you delete in your ftp manager, you are able to delete more than one file at one, by selecting one and then hold down on your shift key to delete several at a time.
      so if I want to delete one page completly how do I know which files to delete?

Comment

You would delete the html file by its name, say if you page was called happy, look for that ... in so far as the images on that page, you would also need to know their names and delete them individually as well ...

If it is just the one page that you have created and you want to delete it anyway, you could delete all those bv images, your own images and the html page ... and then just republish you new page ....

Be certain you do know what you are deleting, check your files on your computer, they will have the same names.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
          You would delete the html file by its name, say if you page was called happy, look for that ... in so far as the images on that page, you would also need to know their names and delete them individually as well ...

If it is just the one page that you have created and you want to delete it anyway, you could delete all those bv images, your own images and the html page ... and then just republish you new page ....

Be certain you do know what you are deleting, check your files on your computer, they will have the same names.
          OK, Thanks
          I have my whole site up now.

Comment

Working...
          X