Can I name all my pages as index...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I name all my pages as index...

Sorry for the header, i am not so stupid, but the question goes: I would like to ask if I can name my new addon domains index, or just one index page is posible for main page.
    Exsample: www.goga-sp.com/ ,one index than I create new addon domain www.ma-fra.goga-sp.com/ , second index (addon is ma-fra).
    I know i must publish addon domain as public_html/addon domain!

I hope it makes some sense, and sorry if there are mistakes in text, I am from Slovenia.

One more question, we own two companies in our family. Can i just purchase new domain from BV, or do i have to buy the hole package again?

Keep in mind i am still building web page whene visiting..

Thanks for any help
    __________FORMULA 1 __________

www.goga-sp.com

Re: Can I name all my pages as index...

Originally posted by McGoga
    Sorry for the header, i am not so stupid, but the question goes: I would like to ask if I can name my new addon domains index, or just one index page is posible for main page.
    Exsample: www.goga-sp.com/ ,one index than I create new addon domain www.ma-fra.goga-sp.com/ , second index (addon is ma-fra).
    I know i must publish addon domain as public_html/addon domain!

I hope it makes some sense, and sorry if there are mistakes in text, I am from Slovenia.

One more question, we own two companies in our family. Can i just purchase new domain from BV, or do i have to buy the hole package again?

Keep in mind i am still building web page whene visiting..

Thanks for any help
    Each sub domain or add-on domain will need its own index page. If you look at your directory structure - each sub domain or add-on domain has it's own folder within your public_html. When you publish your sub domain or add-on domain pages just ensure that you publish to the correct directory: public_html/ma-fra

You canbuy another domain name and have it as an add-on to your existing site. It will work independently (i.e. www.add-onndomain.com) but you will only have the one Control panel.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the first answer Amanda, I have new question.
      Somehow my index page is overwriten whene I am saving subpages on public html. I am saving al links on main page onto public html, from there it will go to addondomains.
      I am building every subpage from saved index page and i dont forget to save them with diferent name. I also pay attention on correct names without capital letters and so on, so this isnt the problem.

Very strange, hope to get answer soon coz I have a lot of subpages prepared and I would like to continue.

Tnx
      McGoga

www.goga-sp.com

Comment

Thanks for the first answer Amanda, I have new question.
        Somehow my index page is overwriten whene I am saving subpages on public html. I am saving al links on main page onto public html, from there it will go to addondomains.
        I am building every subpage from saved index page and i dont forget to save them with diferent name. I also pay attention on correct names without capital letters and so on, so this isnt the problem.

Very strange, hope to get answer soon coz I have a lot of subpages prepared and I would like to continue.

Tnx
        McGoga
        www.goga-sp.com
        Hi!

Are you publishing your new pages to: public_html/new_domain where new_domain is the name of your add-on domain?

If not then that is where you are going wrong. Whatever the name of your new domain is - for example: my_new_domain.com then you need to add (to the end of public_html) /my_new_domain then all your new pages will be published to your add-on domain.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I am stilll working on my main index page, i know all about how to publish on new domain, or do i have to create new subdomain for every page i make.
          First page: (everything saved on public_html)index.html
          -new1.html
          -new2.html
          -new3.html
          (This is navigation menu)
          I am stuck here, whene publishing new pages, somehow my index is overwriten.

Addon domain(everything saved on public_html/addondomain1)index.html
          -newest1
          -newest2
          and so on.....

www.goga-sp.com

Comment

Maybe this helps, saving or publishing wrong?

www.goga-sp.com

Comment

I am stilll working on my main index page, i know all about how to publish on new domain, or do i have to create new subdomain for every page i make.
              First page: (everything saved on public_html)index.html
              -new1.html
              -new2.html
              -new3.html
              (This is navigation menu)
              I am stuck here, whene publishing new pages, somehow my index is overwriten.

Addon domain(everything saved on public_html/addondomain1)index.html
              -newest1
              -newest2
              and so on.....
              No, you do not need a new sub domain for each new page.

I have had a look at your image and I have checked out your sub domain. There is no index page published in your sub domain. The image you attached (to your other post) is a screen shot of your public_html folder - yes?

You MUST publish your sub domain index page to your sub domain. By the looks of it you are publishing it to your public_html INSTEAD of public_html/ma-fra

I don't know how to explain this any more clearly. You say you know how to publish to your sub domain and you obviously do because there are files and pages in that directory but there is no index page.

If I am misunderstanding you, I apologise. Maybe I'm missing something here and someone else can help us out?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I found the problem. I was saving pages with wrong letters, didnt know that I shouldnt use letters like č,š,ž, so that is OK now.

Another problem is that BV doesnt publish our letters correctly. Letters š and ž are OK, but letter č comes out è. I have another, Slovenian program for shoping for our second company and it is publishing OK. This is a big problem for me since I cant write words properly.

http://www.goga-sp.com/partnerji.html text above contact form

HEEEEELP

Another think is, if you can check bottom of the page, there was suposed to be affiliate advert. First day i put it there it was ok, now i cant get it to show properly.

www.goga-sp.com

Comment

Tried html, wont work either, brings up è instead of č. Tried on two computers also, the same thing hapens.

Need ideas soon
                  TNX

www.goga-sp.com

Comment

Problem solved:
                    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...languages.html

www.goga-sp.com

Comment

Working...