Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I "unpublish" a page?

Hi again..a couple questions...

1) I published a sample page to test out some links, etc that didn't show just by previewing..now I'm curious is there a way I can "unpublish" that page so that it's not accessible on the web, but still leave it in my BV files?

2) When creating a text hyperlink on your page, is there any way to avoid getting the "underline' on the linked text? I have a couple instances I'd like to use text links, but don't want it undelined.

Thanks again in advance for any replies.

Re: Can I "unpublish" a page?

One other thing..

When you select an item on your page you have the options of "move to front", "move to back", "move forward" and "move back". What exactly do those choices do to an object?

I tried experimenting, but I can't seem to see what they do...

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Preston
      Hi again..a couple questions...

1) I published a sample page to test out some links, etc that didn't show just by previewing..now I'm curious is there a way I can "unpublish" that page so that it's not accessible on the web, but still leave it in my BV files?

2) When creating a text hyperlink on your page, is there any way to avoid getting the "underline' on the linked text? I have a couple instances I'd like to use text links, but don't want it undelined.

Thanks again in advance for any replies.
      Hey, Preston!

Yes, you can delete a page that you have published. You can do this through your Control Panel > File Manager or by using FTP Manager (Blue FTP) in Blue Voda.

You don't have to delete it though. As long as you don't let anyone know, or display anywhere, the URL to the sample page then no one will ever know that it's there.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Preston
        One other thing..

When you select an item on your page you have the options of "move to front", "move to back", "move forward" and "move back". What exactly do those choices do to an object?

I tried experimenting, but I can't seem to see what they do...

Thanks again.
        The best way I can explain this is to say that your webpage is layered. The background is the base layer. The next thing you add - say a square- is layer 2. You many then add a nav bar which becomes layer 3. Then you add an image that becomes layer 4. You may want the nav bar to sit on top of the image and obscure a little of it. You would move the image (layer 4) back once so that it sits underneath (or behind) the nav bar (layer 3).

I hope that explains it clearly but if not just say and I'll try again. Lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X