• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rpgnjoob
    Sergeant

• Mar 2007

comment page problems

i am rying to create a page where people can leave comments about my site but i cant seem to get it to work, can anyone help please.
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: comment page problems

Originally posted by rpgnjoob
    i am rying to create a page where people can leave comments about my site but i cant seem to get it to work, can anyone help please.

Why not create yourself a guestbook. There is a free guestbook available to use in the Fantastico section (the blue smiley icon) of your control panel ... you can go there and install it in your public_html directory ... and then add a link to your website for your guestbook .... guests are then able to comment. Just one suggestion, when you are setting up your admin panel for your guestbook, I would tick that you have to approve comments or entries before they actually go live into your guestbook. This way, you can stop negative comments like spammers from just entering ... Approve your entries and you will be fine ....

The guestbook I am referring to is called the Viper Guestbook.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• rpgnjoob
      Sergeant

• Mar 2007

thats excellent, thank you

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

yw

You can find all kinds of fancy guestbook images all over the web, that you could use for a nice look too, just do a pic search for guestbook and you will find plenty... just insert the image, if you find one you like, and link it to your guestbook ...

Just another tip ... after you have installed your guestbook, you will receive an email, that will have the link to the guestbook and the link to your admin, hang on to the email ... and the guestbook link is kind of different that it does not end in html ... normally just goes ... http://www.yourdomainname.com/guestbook

That is if you install it in your public_html directory ... you will see as you go through the installation ....

You can then also change the colors of the appearance and different things in the admin panel, quite nice actually, different skins to download if you wanted to ... just depends how far you wanted to go right ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X