• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fourreids
    Sergeant

• Mar 2007

Re: naming pages

Eventually we know it will be two or three separate websites but for now can it be one?

fourreids

Comment

• fourreids
      Sergeant

• Mar 2007

kewl
      That makes alot of sense and it also tells me what the control panel is for. Something else I was confused about
      fourreids

Comment

• fourreids
        Sergeant

• Mar 2007

Just another quick question. I see that you used dots (.) instead of (/). If I save aboutus.html in the subdomain skatewear won't the site be www.reidsunlimiteddesigns.com/skatewear/about.html ?

Comment

• LadyEye
          General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Your control panel has many uses, view the tutorials when you have some good time, you will be amazed at everything Voda offers you ...

At some point you may want to delete a few of your files, all done through the control panel, perhaps set up emails, perhaps photo albums, many many things can be done and found while browsing through your control panel ... you can also check the stats for pages viewed and from where in your control panel, aw stats, lots of goodies in there ...

:)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by fourreids
            Just another quick question. I see that you used dots (.) instead of (/). If I save aboutus.html in the subdomain skatewear won't the site be www.reidsunlimiteddesigns.com/skatewear/about.html ?

With the subdomain you do the . after skatewear - I suppose identifies that it is a subdomain, so it can act independently, and does need to go first ...

with the link you have just written, you would have made a page about from a subpage from reidsunlimiteddesigns ... kind of strange ... but yes, I am pretty sure what I have written above is how you do it ...and how you retrieve the subdomain url ....

www.skatewear.reidsunlimiteddesigns.com/about.html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• fourreids
              Sergeant

• Mar 2007

Thanks I will try it
              fourreids

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

yw ... I have lots of faith in you that you will master this technique tickity boo ...

Good Luck ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Ram_Industries
                  First Lieutenant

• Dec 2005

At present I have the following created for my website page names.

index
                  Terms.html
                  Privacy_Policy.html
                  About_Us.html
                  Sponsors.html
                  Contact_Us.html
                  Advertisers1.html
                  Ram_Industries.html

What I want to do is rename the first 3 in the above list.

So that the Terms.html is the actual home page to the website.
                  The Privacy_Policy.html to be the second page.
                  And the index page to be the 3rd page of the site.

Is there a way to re name these pages without losing the content on them to reflect what I want to do?

I did these pages using BV and am afraid if I try to re name the pages that I will get a message saying that page already exists, would you like to replace it?

But will be forced to lose content that is already on the page that I want to re name.

index should open into the Terms.html page.
                  Privacy_Policy.html should be the second page.....

So actually all I want to do is exchange the index with the terms page and move the index page to open up after the Privacy_Policy.html page..

To see what I am working with, please click on the following link.

http://Martech-Inc.biz <---- index page
                  http://martech-inc.biz/Terms.html <---- Terms page should appear as the link showing above as what is now the index.

Thank you

Ram_Industries
                  Robert Montgomery
                  Ram_Industries
                  Robert A. Montgomery
                  Ram-Industries@comcast.net
                  http://Martech-Inc.biz

Comment

• jburnham
                    Sergeant First Class

• Mar 2007

i have forgotten how to start my own thread

i need some help i am trying to use sholaunch as my background to bv and yesterday i got a message that said when i was trying to login to soholaunch before i could get a username and pass word the message is quite long *****cally it says

it appearsthat jovvijsonline is resolving to this user if you have already run script below on your computer you should download and run script again to remove the dns server because it is no longer neccesarry if you are experiencing page not found problems not logging in you may neded to run the script
                    to use the site builder before this domain name resolves download and run resolvedomain.vbs its a script that adds a dns record to your local computer so that jovvijsonline.com resolves to 753.126.169.138 which is the ip address

after running the script you will be able to access this site's wwebsite builder if jovvijsonline.com is a live site on a different server you will be able to access both the live site and this site

how do i download resolvedomain.vbs it gave me a way to but i had to stop working for the day and so today i tried to log in soholaunch and i could not im confused as to what i need to do now i went to soholaunch forum and i cannot start a new thread or anything cause im a new account so i came back here can some one please help

thank you

jovvi

Comment

Working...
                    X