Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: x-post: publishing issues

Originally posted by AmaDee
    oh yeah, that it is. BTW, I've made a little chage to my logo...hasn't reflected it on the forum, but can be seen on the site. (just wanted to let you know in hopes that it doesn't affect your masterpiece you're working on...uh huh, that's what I'm calling it lol!)
    lol I'm not even up to the logo yet, so change as you will. I'll do the colors and so on, then revisit the site for the graphics.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I don't think I'm up to changing any thing right now. I have my hands full as is.

Anyway, how's Concord? Everything ok with y'all grape juice? lol!

Comment

I don't think I'm up to changing any thing right now. I have my hands full as is.

Anyway, how's Concord? Everything ok with y'all grape juice? lol!

Concord is wonderful! The weather is great, there are cars going fast at the speedway (well, not right this second) and things are looking better and better every single day. I have no idea what you mean about the grape juice, unless you're referring to the 'shine, and I can say I haven't had any in a looooong time. Last time I tried that stuff, I woke up two towns over with no ***** and several phone numbers. LOL

How's Jawja?
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

lol! That's what you get. No, but that's not what I was talking about. There's this namebrand "Concord Grape Juice" so I thought you were familiar with it because after all, you are in Concord. You would think they would sell those over there....lol

Makes you wonder why Dishnetwork wasted all that money to name a city after it. Hmmmm...

Comment

lol! That's what you get. No, but that's not what I was talking about. There's this namebrand "Concord Grape Juice" so I thought you were familiar with it because after all, you are in Concord. You would think they would sell those over there....lol

Makes you wonder why Dishnetwork wasted all that money to name a city after it. Hmmmm...
            Pretty sure that's from a different Concord, but we'll take whatever publicity we can get. lol
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I know that's right. So, did you design all of those skins on your forum?

Comment

I took one of Peggy's styles and modified it to be what you see there. All the headers, icons, etc are all mine. Those things take a while to put together, but they're fun to do.
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I would love to learn how to do that...tried going to other forums, but everything seemed so overwhelming. Is it hard to do?

Comment

That depends on the type of forum you have. With a phpBB forum, it would take a loooong time to put together, but it's doable. I have a vBulletin forum and it's such a breeze.

Rather than the very basic editing options you get with phpBB, vBulletin offers the ability to edit each and every component of every aspect directly from the admin panel, including the .css files.

So, I just take Peggy's style and reuse it over and over, but I create the images in either Fireworks or Paint Shop Pro to make it individual for each driver.

It's not what I would call hard to do, but it does require a lot of patience.
                    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I have patience in it's sometime that in the end turns out to be fun, and this is one of those things that I do think would be fun (yep, sad, but that's my idea of fun). Anyway, do I have vBulletin in my cP? If so, I have absolutely no attachment to what I have going on right now and wouldn't mind totally dropping it.

PS: so THAT's the reason the system wouldn't read peggy's .xml files...it was looking for css

Comment

No, vBulletin is one you have to purchase, it's not available for free. A one year license costs around $85 or so, and a lifetime license is roughly twice that. If you're serious about building a forum your visitors will love, then it's a great way to go.

If, however, you're still a little undecided about what direction you want your site and forum to take, phpBB is probably the best path.

Bottom line, vBulletin is MUCH better, but phpBB is free.
                        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

so i see, but I wouldn't purchase vBulletin right off the bat as I am not sure how things are going to turn out.

For now, I'll happily settle for your mods to the phpBB.

Comment

Good call. I used phpBB for about a year before I made the switch to vBulletin; by then, the forum was established and it was worth the money. I'll still help people with phpBB questions and so on, but I'll never again use a phpBB forum on one of my sites.
                            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

yeah, it seems like a hassle. I'm telling you, I had a bunch of color codes in front of me and kept changing this and that, but it seems what I thought I was changing wasn't the case and over 2 hours later, I got fed up, removed it and installed the other one (don't remember the name). That one wasn't that great either, so I removed it and reinstalled phpBB.

Comment

Thanks everyone... its running... evidently everything in life is not as instant as it would seem... :) any comments on the site?
                                www.etherealvibe.ca
                                Ethereal Vibe Alternative Artistry Medium - My Bellydance Website

Comment

Working...
                                X