Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank page after publishing

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post, I've been able to work with your wonderful knowledge and the tutorials so far, to create a small part of my new site www.chandagiftstudio.com.

I was able to create 2 pages: index and holidays. I've published them previously and they both looked ok. Afterwards I made a few minor changes to their design and now, after republishing them, I've ran into some issues that I would appreciate your help with.
    1. The index page: Buttons, some pictures and part of the top border are not showing up correctly, it seems that every time I re-publish the site the same or different parts of it are malfunctioning.
    2. I'm unable to view the holidays page, it was also ok before, not sure what went wrong. Its a blank page right now.
    I did not receive any publishing errors and I can't figure out what I may have done wrong.

Re: Blank page after publishing

Hi m-ania... All I can see is that your holidays page doesn't appear to be targeted...like the others in your navigation buttons... don't know if that's the problem... but maybe... hope tha helps...Doug

Comment

It appears that you have moved the image that was behind your navigation menu, a little red x is showing up, this is usually the problem ... or perhaps you might need to rename it to a simpler name ... try both of these things ....

Your holidays page is blank ...

Download the latest version of blue voda

And Check under News in this support forum and have a look to see if you have had a server change, if you have this could be your problem. (if you are still publishing to the old server this could happen)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you both for looking into my problem.
        I've checked the News forum and didn't notice any post for changes to BlueVoda15 which I'm using.
        I'll recheck my link and follow your other suggestions as soon as I get a chance today.

Comment

Ok, so I've republished the holiday page and it worked ok this time.
          I wasn't as lucky when it comes to the other issues, it seems like almost everytime I refresh any of the 2 pages something else is showing wrong.
          First it was the buttons, then more buttons (2 then 5 then 3) and pictures. Even if it looks perfect after publishing, refreshing it changes everything.
          I'm getting desperate, I'd love to figure it out before I get to publish more pages and will have to redo them all.....please help.

Comment

I can recommend reinserting your navigation bar. Delete it and insert again, with mouseover, alt text and your hyperlinks ... and republish your pages ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you LadyEye, I'll do that.

Comment

I've redone my index page and everything else I've created so far. I found that if I load a new page, even thought it's succesfully published, there may be errors that show on all already published pages, like buttons or photos not showing correctly. In that case, I've republished the newly created page and it get's fixed. It seems to be working so far. Thank you for your help!!!

Comment

That's great to hear ... good job!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                  X