• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ModelT
    Sergeant

• May 2007

FTP questions

I am very new at this so I may just be missing an obvious answer.

I am trying to set up an FTP file so that I can easily get files from a client of mine. (He uploads them and I download them). I used cpanel to set up a folder with a password and then downloaded CoffeeCup FTP to transfer the files (I needed to try a program that he would use..I already know about Blue FTP, but he wouldn't have that). I can log on, and the folder is there, but when I try to upload files, everything appears to work, but no files appear online. I do not get an error warning so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    Help!
  • zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Re: FTP Problems

Hi Help,

You are just highlighting excuses.
    Here we deal with BlueVoda and BlueFtp.

Ask your friend to goto VodaHost and download the BlueVoda Website Builder which also is packaged with "BlueFTP" and further more; your friend can also register himself in this forum.

It is absolutely free.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• Watdaflip
      Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: FTP questions

@zuriatman
      People don't have to use BV or BlueFTP with their account, the forum isn't for just support of those two programs. (although besides for the sake of knowing that the client can connect and upload the files with coffeecup, you don't have to use the same ftp program as your client to upload/download files)

@ModelT
      Where are you uploading the files to on your website? (that is to say when you connect with the ftp, what is the file path that you are uploading the files to. (ex. public_html/some_folder, or public_ftp/some_folder)

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• ModelT
        Sergeant

• May 2007

I was trying to upload a file to make sure that it worked, and so that I could give him exact directions. The purpose of setting this up, was to provide an easy way for him to send me files. The files he is sending me, are for his website that I am creating. To have him download BV would defeat the purpose. He just needs a quick way to send me large files. I figured that FTP was the easiest way.
        The path I used was public_html

Comment

• ModelT
          Sergeant

• May 2007

ummm....not sure what I did, but the problem seems to be fixed.

Comment

Working...
          X