• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Davethorn
    Sergeant First Class

• Sep 2007

index page for addon domain

I am trying to work on two websites. I published the first although it isn't finished. On the second one I can't figure out how to have an index page for this site. I wanted to add content pages to the second site, but how? I want to keep the sites as two distinct sites. I'm getting nowhere with this and would appreciate some help. I do have the add on domain set up as instructed. Regards, David
  • mrmagoo144
    Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

Re: index page for addon domain

dont panic. just start a folder in blue voda with the name of the new site. when you save the page as index for your second site, save it in that folder and you save each page for the new site in the new folder. I alos save all my images for the new site in this same folder. now when you publish the new site you add on the name of your new site to the public_html so it would look like this:
    public_html/yournewsite - remember not to add .com or html or anything to this extension. BV will take care of the rest. So in your public_html folder you will have your base site and you can create a new folder for each new add on that you create.
    hope this helps
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: index page for addon domain

Have you added the 2nd domain to your cpanel as an add-on domain? that is the first step.

Then you can follow mr magoo's directions.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
      X