• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blondie_48611
    Private First Class

• Sep 2005

Published website

Greetings:
    I have published & tested many of the pages on the web site I am working on, ajgalleries.net The problem Im having Is the pages do not look right on computers other than mine. there are words overlapping along with photos, also there are older pages that I have not used, on the site Instead of the Correct pages that Ive published, I have tried to republish many times, nothing works, The strange thing Is that the site works & looks correct In my home and on Other computers In my home, I am using a Router, wireless system, I would greatly appreicaite any help you could give me. thank you.
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: Published web site not working Right.

It doesn't have anything to do with your router or internet connection. If can be caused by many things, certain settings on the computer, what browser you are using, as well as what version of a browser you are using. I would check out the look on some other computers, if even more don't look right its probably your computer that has a setting different so its looks fine on your but not one with normal settings.

Are you using any accessibility features on your computer such as enlarging of text to be easier to read? (just throwing out ideas)

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• LadyEye
      General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Published web site not working Right.

Hi .. you will need to be certain that you use friendly web fonts when creating your website. http://www.webcast1.com/webfriendlyfonts.html

All internet viewers do not have the same fonts installed on their computers, and unless you use a font that is installed on all computers, the fault will revert to the users default font and this can cause the overlapping of text problems.

With text, it is best you take a view in Internet Explorer and Firefox, the two most popular web browsers to have a look. These two browsers in particular shift things differently from one another - so you need to tweak your text and fine tune it to appear the best in both browsers.

It is best to create your pages within the '800 width - this will avoid sideways scrolling for everyone .. the page length does not matter ..

So keep all elements within the '800 width on your page, begin your page building to the top left of your blue voda page and on your page properties, tick center in browser .. also use just a solid color as a background color and then apply a shape on the page to apply your page content and text on .. you can size the shape to your page size ..

That's pretty well what you need to do, and view in both browsers.

It is also a good idea to leave a few extra empty spaces at the end of a text box - making certain your text won't jump around on you, also lock all the elements on the page and republish ..

Good Luck ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X