• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AJ113
    Special Status

• May 2007

Re: Anne Kent

No.
    You named the home page index, what did you name the gallery page?

Comment

• annekent
      Sergeant

• Mar 2008

Oh sorry....I named it gallery on the button URL and gallery for artinwax on the page properties. I will change the page name to gallery.

Comment

• annekent
        Sergeant

• Mar 2008

I have all the button URL's and page names the same now except for home page which is index on the URL.

Comment

• AJ113
          Special Status

• May 2007

No, not in page properties. If you want to open the index page to do some changes, you open the file index.bvp in BlueVoda right?

What is the name of the file that you open to make changes to the gallery page?

Comment

• annekent
            Sergeant

• Mar 2008

Gallery.bvp

Comment

• AJ113
              Special Status

• May 2007

OK, this should fix it Anne, now pay attention!

Open Gallery.bvp
              Save As gallery (note the lower-case g!)
              Publish
              Delete Gallery.bvp

Do the same for the other pages.

Comment

• annekent
                Sergeant

• Mar 2008

Fantastic!!! all pages except one now published. I cannot get Contact us to publish. Should I save it as on the button contact us or as the URL contact-us I am so grateful for all the time you have spent on this....so nearly there!
                Anne

Comment

• AJ113
                  Special Status

• May 2007

Change the button to contact_us or contactus

Comment

• AJ113
                    Special Status

• May 2007

Once that's done, don't forget that the menus on all of your other pages need amending too. The easiest way is to delete them all and then copy and and paste the correct one from your index page.

You should also delete the incorrect pages (the ones with capital letters) off the server to avoid duplicate content. You can do this through file manager in control panel.

Comment

• annekent
                      Sergeant

• Mar 2008

Still can't get contact-us to publish and am too tired to do any more today. will try again tomorrow! must be doing something really silly as all the other pages are there!
                      Anne

Comment

• AJ113
                        Special Status

• May 2007

Make sure the bvp file is called contact_us or contactus

Comment

• annekent
                          Sergeant

• Mar 2008

Thank you for all the help. I'm afraid I have given up at the moment on getting my contact_us page published and have added my e-mail to the index page.....not good I know. Can someone have a look at my site and comment please. Also does it go out to search engines through Vodahost or do I have to pay extra for hosting?
                          Anne

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Once you publish your Blue Voda created website, and you are "finished" with it, then VodaHost includes with every account the opportunity to allow them to submit your website to all the major Search Engines without charge. There is an advantage to this, as having your website submitted professionally is much more advatageous for your website than manual submission by someone who is only capable of some of the work it entails.

Once published, VodaHost will submit your site to all the Search Engines once without charge.
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• annekent
                              Sergeant

• Mar 2008

Yes I do have a Voda host account and have been very happy with it all. It is me who is making mistakes. I may delete the contact us file and start again when I have the time. Thank you for the help.

Comment

• LadyEye
                                General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Hi Anne

I would just like to go over a couple of things that might help you out.

As I think you already know, whatever name you give to the page you area creating and have saved it by, is how you need to recall it from the web.

The only name you cannot choose yourself is the main landing page of your website, which needs to be named, saved and published as index

All of your other pages can have names chosen by you, but will need to be identical to the link you apply so the page can be found.

It's recommended to use all small letters, and do not use spaces between the words unless joined together by the use of the _ underscore symbol.

If you have created a contactus page .. then link to this via your url followed by /contactus.html or if you choose contact_us then link via your url and follwed by /contact_us.html

When pages aren't found, it usually leads to a little error of a typo in the name you applied to the page itself, or the link you applied. Both need to be identical.

It's essentially all a filing system on your server.

Your Website / The Page Name

Every other page other than index, needs to be recalled with the .html after the page name .. index does not require this when you are typing the domain .. only use the domain name .. for all other pages, you also have to apply the name of the page and it's .html extension after the link.

Page titles are found by right clicking on your page properties, and these words can be chosen by you. It is best if you take a little read of the SEO guide offered by Bethers, you can find the link in her signature. This will help you as a guide to assist you with giving your page a title. Remember, the page TITLE is different than the page name. Once you grasp this, things will flow smoothly for you ..

Oh, and one other thing, the words or type that you apply on the nav bar itself - NOT THE LINK - but these can be capitalized and named whatever you want to .. this is fine ..

Welcome and Good Luck! There is lots of help around here, you will be rescued for sure!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                                X