• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aloligy
    Private

• Aug 2008

FTP Question

Hi All,

I have just created an FTP Account so that a designer can take some files\pics etc. from our site (ahacyprus.com) and create a brochure for us. As the files are too large to email this seemed like the perfect solution. However, I have just placed all of the files into the relevant folder within the public_ftp directory and tried a test download using FileZilla, it appears to verify the username and ask for a password, but then throws back the following (Please see below)

Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [TLS] ----------
    Response: 220-You are user number 2 of 50 allowed.
    Response: 220-Local time is now 09:07. Server port: 21.
    Response: 220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
    Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
    Command: USER m_voniati
    Response: 331 User m_voniati OK. Password required
    Command: PASS ********
    Response: 530 Login authentication failed
    Error: Could not connect to server

Can anyone help? Have I misunderstood the purpose of having FTP Accounts?
  • davidundalicia
    General

• Mar 2006

Re: FTP Confused

This may help.....I just used the search box (top of this page)
    and entered "ftp access"
    and it found this thread........read all and note the last post.

There are probable many more such threads..............................

Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• Aloligy
      Private

• Aug 2008

Thanks for your suggestion David,

Still can't get it to work :(

Tried to publish using the new account details as per the thread you sent me, left the target directory field blank, but it came back with error message password incorrect. Published using my FTP admin credentials (again target directory blank), all ok, but still can't access anything using the new FTP account!

Have decided to setup an FTP Server on my PC, seems to be working fine :)

I think there needs to be a clearer tutorial on the proper setup and USES of FTP accounts in BV, it's far too confusing!

Thanks again anyway :)

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Try using yousendit.. for the most part, it's free and can handle files pretty large .. you can check them out and see if this may be a better option for you ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• McBuff
          Sergeant Major

• Aug 2006

I am also FTP confused and I wish it would make sense and I could use it. I set up an account, try to log on and it just spits me out indicating a wrong password or some such problem. It never works is the point and I wish it did because I would use it.

Yes there are other ways to send files, Pando is good for multi-files, Yousendit only allows a file at a time. . .all these "free" solutions are ultimately trying to entice you to upgrade. . .doggone it. . .I want to use my ftp site with Vodahost. . .and you're right.. .the tutuorial leaves a lot to be desired. . .the tutorials always end with that same voice happily chirping "you now know how use your ftp account manager" and I'm screaming "NO I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO USE MY FTP MANAGER!!!" and then I start doing my Nancy Kerrigan imitation (after she got thwacked by Jeff Galooli) "WAAAAAAHHHAAAAA WHY WHY!!!!!"
          McBuff
          Stay Connected
          http://www.connectuswell.com
          http://www.househunterforyou.com
          http://www.sellhousewell.com
          http://www.truemasterplan.com

Comment

• McBuff
            Sergeant Major

• Aug 2006

well, they dumped my ftp question about the issue that I'm only able to get assess to my account from my computer but if I try to access the account from any other computer the password is denied. I believe this is a new question and a separate issue. .. .I don't know why someone has time to just dump the question but not the time to attempt to answer the question? BOOO!

I'm trying to give access to the person who records material at church so they can upload it to the file and then I can link it to the website. It would help if he could access the site with the password. . .but. .I guess this will just sit here which is where all questions go to die. .. .Heeeeelllooooooooo (crickets crickets). . .hellllooowww?. (crickets). ..its getting dark in here. . ..I'm cold. ... .very. . .cold. . ..
            McBuff
            Stay Connected
            http://www.connectuswell.com
            http://www.househunterforyou.com
            http://www.sellhousewell.com
            http://www.truemasterplan.com

Comment

• Karen Mac
              General

• Apr 2006

You cant give him access to the site via ftp. I answered this. He can only upload to the public ftp, and will only have access there. I have no idea why you cant access it from other computers other than an error in the login information. Make sure you dont have a typo in there.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• NILESH_S_A
                Private

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by mcbuff View Post
                well, They Dumped My Ftp Question About The Issue That I'm Only Able To Get Assess To My Account From My Computer But If I Try To Access The Account From Any Other Computer The Password Is Denied. I Believe This Is A New Question And A Separate Issue. .. .i Don't Know Why Someone Has Time To Just Dump The Question But Not The Time To Attempt To Answer The Question? Booo!

I'm Trying To Give Access To The Person Who Records Material At Church So They Can Upload It To The File And Then I Can Link It To The Website. It Would Help If He Could Access The Site With The Password. . .but. .i Guess This Will Just Sit Here Which Is Where All Questions Go To Die. .. .heeeeelllooooooooo (crickets Crickets). . .hellllooowww?. (crickets). ..its Getting Dark In Here. . ..i'm Cold. ... .very. . .cold. . ..

Hi...

How Do I Can Get My Server Ip ,username And Password For Blueftp.... I Need Help ..pls Mail Me On - (Nilesh_s_a******.com).thanks In Advance..

Comment

Working...
                X