• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stringsection
    Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2009

pages not publishing

hi i had decided i wanted to change my site as it had some problems, so i published just a white empty page until i got the site ready to publish again,

i did this because i did not want to show the unfinished work in case of visitors, so now i have finished the site and have published all the pages again but they have not shown up on the domain, all i see is the empty white screen, it is www.theroofcleaners.com.au , i have published the index page several times and have waited but it has not worked, how do i overcome this ? the pages normally publish and can be seen online immediately, so if someone can help me out here that would be great thanks
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: pages not publishing

Make sure you are publishing to the public_html folder and not the ROOT of the site. The most common cause is the wrong folder or outside the public html, or not naming the page all lower case "index"

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• stringsection
      Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2009

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
      Make sure you are publishing to the public_html folder and not the ROOT of the site. The most common cause is the wrong folder or outside the public html, or not naming the page all lower case "index"

Karen
      hi yes i have everything set correctly, have named my home page index and tried index.bvp loading them into the public_html directory for the domain i am using, still it doesnt work

i have sent an email to vodahost support but they just said that i will have to get my answer here, so what else could be causing the problem ?

thanks

Comment

• D'son
        Major General

• Apr 2008

Originally posted by stringsection View Post
        hi yes i have everything set correctly, have named my home page index and tried index.bvp loading them into the public_html directory for the domain i am using, still it doesnt work

i have sent an email to vodahost support but they just said that i will have to get my answer here, so what else could be causing the problem ?

thanks
        Just to be clear, are you publishing or trying to upload your pages? BV need to be published, do not add extensions to the page names. Use the publish icon at the top of the page or File/Publish, make sure it is going to your public_html.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

• stringsection
          Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2009

Originally posted by D'son View Post
          Just to be clear, are you publishing or trying to upload your pages? BV need to be published, do not add extensions to the page names. Use the publish icon at the top of the page or File/Publish, make sure it is going to your public_html.
          hi yes i am publishing the pages, i have managed to get some pages online now, but the other pages have all gone funny, and i am trying to publish over them but it doesnt work !!, all this is making me feel like pulling my hair out, why does it have to be so hard,now my page width is off with some pages , if i set the page width in bluevoda to be just as wide until the bottom width bar dissappears, well thats what i should get when i view it online shouldnt i? because the pages are wider once published than what they were in blue voda,

thanks

Comment

• stringsection
            Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2009

pages wont publish, and the page width is off

first off my pages will not publish , as you can see at www.theroofcleaners.com.au the pages are not what they are named, though in blue voda i have all the pages setup correctly, but as soon as they are published the page width is wrong and it all uploads weird, i have republished all my pages numerous times, but the pages just will not show up on the site, how long are you supposed to wait after publishing to be able to see it online ?

up until now my pages would be immediately available , but now it doesnt seem to be working at all, can someone please help me out with this, as im going to grey before my time unless someone does

thanks

Comment

• Collectors-info
              General

• Feb 2006

Re: pages wont publish, and the page width is off

Hard to say without seeing your previous pages. But this is what i see on 2 of them with your width set at 942px & all looking centred...........
              Home page is: Sydney Central Coast Roof Cleaning Gutter Cleaning High Pressure Cleaning
              Gutter cleaning page is: Sydney and central coast roof tile and gutter cleaning ,high pressure cleaning.
              On another part? I think you will have trouble getting the SE’s to see you with the majority of the page being an image.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• stringsection
                Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2009

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                Hard to say without seeing your previous pages. But this is what i see on 2 of them with your width set at 942px & all looking centred...........
                Home page is: Sydney Central Coast Roof Cleaning Gutter Cleaning High Pressure Cleaning
                Gutter cleaning page is: Sydney and central coast roof tile and gutter cleaning ,high pressure cleaning.
                On another part? I think you will have trouble getting the SE’s to see you with the majority of the page being an image.
                hi yep the pages are not right, and did you see the distortions in the images halfway down one page,

the reason i made the whole page an image is so i didnt look all weird when it was loading and to save kbs in loading time, if i just publish the pages when it loads it looks all weird seeing all the elements come into the place, and also because there were problems with images and text when i tried the normal way, so do most people never make the page an inmage ?

am i going about it the wrong way, sorry if my questions and replys are a bit hard to grasp, im just so sick and tired of having to post in these forums :) im nearly over it all together, i thought it would be relatively easy,

thanks

Comment

• Collectors-info
                  General

• Feb 2006

Might be worth opening 1 problem page (that live on the web) in your browser & hitting F5 many times to see if an old one is caught up in your cache, as i cant see any distortion with images.
                  The problem with using images with text detail on them, is the SE,s cant read the text within the image. This text would normally be cross referenced with your keywords & title to give it some standing & validity.
                  Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• stringsection
                    Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2009

ok the index page is publishing, but the others wont publish

so it seems that my index page at www.theroofcleaners.com.au is publishing and is right, but the other pages of the site are outdated and the new version pages will not publish, though bv tells me that they were published successfully, though upon visiting the site nothing has changed , and i have cleared my cache as well,

why why why :)

thanks

Comment

• Collectors-info
                      General

• Feb 2006

You will have to give an example of one item you have change & what to?
                      Otherwise we are playing with de-ja-vu.
                      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• stringsection
                        Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2009

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                        Might be worth opening 1 problem page (that live on the web) in your browser & hitting F5 many times to see if an old one is caught up in your cache, as i cant see any distortion with images.
                        The problem with using images with text detail on them, is the SE,s cant read the text within the image. This text would normally be cross referenced with your keywords & title to give it some standing & validity.
                        hi thanks for that , i was actually suprised to see my site when it was just a one page with a contact page, mainly a whole image come up on the second page under my keywords, i just hope it the new version works that way as well, i really just want to page to load looking a little better, is there no other way of constructing the page other than making it all an image to achieve this ?

i also asked if it possible to save a whole page as an image but never heard back from anyone ?

but in answer to your advice , i tried the f5 trick but its still the same, they are still showing the old pages, actually it is not really even doing that, if you go to www.theroofcleaners.com.au/guttercleaning.php you can see that the heading bar for the page reads "high pressure cleaning " when it should read "gutter cleaning " ands it is the same for all the pages, and the text is all jumbled up, why is that ? and the border has a break in it halfway down the page

thanks

Comment

• jcaywood
                          Major

• Dec 2007

Is this the right page?

Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
                          Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
                          Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

• Collectors-info
                            General

• Feb 2006

Ah! You have saved as a .php page. Which is no problem if your links are typed as this as well. But usually best to stick with html with the exception of the contact page.
                            The whole page as an image is not a good idea for your set up.
                            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• D'son
                              Major General

• Apr 2008

Give us a link to the effected pages so we can see what you are talking about, then we may be a ble to help further.
                              Reguards
                              Ed
                              www.dsondesigns.com
                              www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                              www.300hitter.com
                              www.bigjk.net
                              How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Working...
                              X