• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: pages not publishing

Originally posted by D'son View Post
    Give us a link to the effected pages so we can see what you are talking about, then we may be a ble to help further.
    There is two threads open ion this, Can a moderator move it into 1. I think the problem was that it wasn't realized that the new published pages were in php.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• stringsection
      Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2009

Re: pages wont publish, and the page width is off

Originally posted by jcaywood View Post

hi many thanks , yes that is the right page, though the text is jumbled up as you can see, but that is not the page i see when i go to the site and click on the gutter cleaning icon, also i was told to name the links in my pages with a .php extension, but the page there has a html one,

so yes if i directly type in www.theroofcleaners.com.au/guttercleaning.html that is the right page, but if i navigate there from the home page i dont see that page, so should i name my links as html or php ?

thanks

Comment

• stringsection
        Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2009

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
        Ah! You have saved as a .php page. Which is no problem if your links are typed as this as well. But usually best to stick with html with the exception of the contact page.
        The whole page as an image is not a good idea for your set up.
        hi i set the links as php because someone here told me to, but i have not saved a page as php, just as a blue voda document, here is the link for one wrong page http://www.theroofcleaners.com.au/rooftilecleaning.php

is there anyway i can just delete it all and start from scratch and republish all my pages again ? i tried this in the control panel but it wouldnt allow me to ?

thanks

Comment

• stringsection
          Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2009

Might be worth opening 1 problem page (that live on the web) in your browser & hitting F5 many times to see if an old one is caught up in your cache, as i cant see any distortion with images.
          The problem with using images with text detail on them, is the SE,s cant read the text within the image. This text would normally be cross referenced with your keywords & title to give it some standing & validity.
          hi thanks, i have kept as much text in the page as possible, so the main description is text that is over the picture but not a part of it, is that ok ?

thanks

Comment

• stringsection
            Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2009

Ah! You have saved as a .php page. Which is no problem if your links are typed as this as well. But usually best to stick with html with the exception of the contact page.
            The whole page as an image is not a good idea for your set up.

hi so i have republished all the pages with the links as .html, so far only the index page is showing this, and if i hover over a link it still says that it is a php. i just want to delete everything from this folder and start again , is that poosible ?, its just become far too annoying to sit here and republish all the time, its giving me a headache, so i set my links as html except for my contact page link which will .php right ?

Comment

• stringsection
              Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2009

how to start over from scratch

i thought i would make a new thread as trhe other one is a bit big now, so i am having problems publishing my pages, so what i want to do , is to just delete everything in my public_html folder for my domain and just start over again from scratch, how do i do this, as my pages will just not pubvlish, i realise now that my links should be named as html, which i have done, so my index page will publish immediately and is right, but the rest of the pages just wont publish, even though i get a message telling me they have publisahed successfully,

i tried finding the folder in the control panel, but couldnt find it, so i can just delete and start over , aPLEASE HELP and thanks to everyone who has tried to help me

www.theroofcleaners.com.au

thanks

Comment

• Karen Mac
                General

• Apr 2006

Re: pages not publishing

In control panel you must use the FILE MANAGER .. navigate to the PUBLIC HTML folder and then delete pages.

If you are lost.. then simply put in a SUPPORT TICKET for an account reset.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• LadyEye
                  General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: how do i create a thread to ask for help in a forum

Originally posted by durban property searcher
                  Hi all,

cant see a new thread button.please help

thanks Dale

Hi Dale

When you are looking at the entire forum and you see the forum categories, click the category to which you want to create a new thread .. inside of that category is where you will see the new thread button .. the thread will be created in that category ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                  X