• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Lord help me

Anything for a Lovely Lady ....

" ... and I get by with a little help from my friends, I get by with a little help from my friends ..."
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Watdaflip View Post
      Seaking purely of html generated by php code and that of the html code generated by BV the SE's will see no difference (assume the php code is written to produce correct html code). There could be some issues with inserting php using BV that I am unaware of since I don't use BV, but I can't really comment on that

Generally speaking the only difference between a php file and html file is that a php file has the ability to parse and execute php code. Even if you are just going to have static pages its a good idea to publish in php. If at a later date you decide you want to do something more dynamic with your pages you're already setup to do so. It won't hurt to use php pages that don't even have any php code on them (ie. using a php file as a simple html file)
      Interior navigation links, which are a core page value, are in fact not "read" by the SE's as part of the page nor the values attributed to pages if any combo-coded build is used .... and a similar problem exists when using a scripted navigation, such as drop-downs, sliders, or other fancy methods. Same phenomenon for Flash "visibility" if you can think that far ...

I did not knock PHP whatsoever (I use it a lot, especially since it actually appeals to the SE's as a "dynamic" element, a core valuation), but merely emphasized the importance of preserving the "interior navigation values" since Google re-wrote their methodology back in Oct. '08 back down to simple Rules and a re-emphasized focus on Content (which is directly associated with Navigation), even so far as to dismiss much of the values for backlinks, reciprocol links, most META, and other elements that 'webmasters' had been trying to tweak to their advantage without paying attention to the website build itself ("Perfect Page" and clean code first).

Our peers need every ounce of "optimization" value they can create for their sites, and my comments were intended to give pause to think how to best design a Blue Voda site easily and effectively from the get-go.

Comment

• Karen Mac
        General

• Apr 2006

Just make text links to all the pages in the footer. No biggie...no bread crumbs needed

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
          The only way to compensate is to duplicate all the links as 'breadcrumbs' at the bottom of each web page, which messes up the clean page look --- and which also needs to be re-published across the site whenever the overall navigation is changed, thus defeating the whole purpose.
          LOL You say "Tomayto, I say Tomahto" .... same thing?

Comment

Working...
          X