Publishing Multiple Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing Multiple Pages

I have seen one question in regards to this but I don't see how it answers the question. I published my first page (index.html) and everything looks great. Now I am trying to publish my next page and am having trouble. The hyperlinking tutorial doesn't address this. Publishing my next page, if I publish it, all the files go into the public file along with all the files from the first page - after I publish it, all files are located in this same file and it screws everything up.....Please help!

Also, I have tried hyperlinking text in bv and when I post it, it still isn't working...I have highlighted the text, assigned a link but when I upload, it still isn't working....I do the exact same thing as you would with a pic and can make that work but with the text, it doesn't seem to be working at all...any help here too?

Thank you.

Re: Publishing Multiple Pages

Yes all your pages will be in your public_html folder. If you published your first page you should have saved it as index only nothing else, no extensions, all lower case. Then your next page will be saved (something relavent to the page, such as products) So your link would be http://www.yoursite.com/products.html of course this is just an example as you did not post your web site so we cannot see exactly what you did.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

be sure you are publishing your pages, not just uploading them .. as well, perhaps your browser is having the cache syndrome .. clear your browsing history, refresh .. then check your page again ..

if you are highlighting your text, inserting the link, then this should work when you click on the text ..

if you are trying to create different pages that do not link together, or you want things separately from one page to the other, so that they do not link together or so that they are not found in the same directory (public_html) then you could create a subdomain .. create this via the icon in control panel and then you would publish to that directory - again you will be required to call at least one of those pages, index and publish to that new directory you created when adding the subdomain - if you do this, be sure not to overwrite those pages on your own computer as well, so make your own folder for each of those pages on your own computer too. the link to those pages would then be http://www.subdomain.maindomain.com/nameofpage.html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yes - sorry - stupid - www.firefighterhire.com

Thank you for the help - I will give that a shot.

Comment

Hi again .. you might be gone off to correct your links .. but just so you are clear with your understanding .. what we mean when we say highlight the text is actually highlighting it with your mouse cursor, as if you were to copy and paste something .. just want to be sure you don't think I mean highlighting the background color of the font, like in yellow or something ..

perhaps you are on your way to doing this ..

:)

Like this

LadyEye's Website Building Tips

done by highlighting the text, choose insert, then type the link in the box that will appear ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X