Lost in Cpanel publishing 2nd under 2nd domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost in Cpanel publishing 2nd under 2nd domain

I am actually very apologetic. i have taken up much of Karens time, so ventured back to the forum.
    Karen set up my second domain in my account.
    1. Now I have to set up my email, but when I get to the page where the email is to be named I am not able to find the new domain name.
    2. I need to ***blish a page under the new domain name. clearly this can not be done under the existing doman other than using that name/forextraderspa.html. I do not want this I want to publish my first page as an index page on the new domaim
    I need to know how I find the !P for this page which is required on the publishing popup. Does everyting else stay the same like Public-html etc?

Sorry but this technical stuff is a chronic frustration.
    thank you

Re: Lost in Cpanel publishing 2nd under 2nd domain

If you are in cpanel under email icon, setting up a new email, there is a little arrow that will create a drop down box and will list your domains .. it is on the very right side of where you type the information ..

type contact@ or whatever you like, and then choose this dropdown

In blue voda, when you go to publish to the new domain, you will need to physically type the name of domain after public_html in the publish box ..

will look like

public_html/nameofnewdomain.com

the ip address will remain the same, those are the numbers that reflect publishing to your server, for your entire one voda host account, regardless of how many domains you create and publish to .. you will only be changing the directory (folder) as show above ..

add the name of the new domain after public_html when you publish to your new add on domain, remove it when you want to publish to your main domain ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi,

Your Voda account will always your 1st Domain [public_html]

Your second domain which is an addon domain will be a folder in your
      public_html directory.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
        If you are in cpanel under email icon, setting up a new email, there is a little arrow that will create a drop down box and will list your domains .. it is on the very right side of where you type the information ..

type contact@ or whatever you like, and then choose this dropdown

In blue voda, when you go to publish to the new domain, you will need to physically type the name of domain after public_html in the publish box ..

will look like

public_html/nameofnewdomain.com

the ip address will remain the same, those are the numbers that reflect publishing to your server, for your entire one voda host account, regardless of how many domains you create and publish to .. you will only be changing the directory (folder) as show above ..

add the name of the new domain after public_html when you publish to your new add on domain, remove it when you want to publish to your main domain ..
        and therein lies the problem... the little arrow does not contain my new domain name.
        Whereto now please?
        Thank you

Comment

are you choosing the email accounts icon .. and once inside choose to add a new email account

??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hello Lady. ...yes I do just that, but i have now received an email from Karen who asks me "Have you added the domain your account?"... frankly
            I do not know. I must now find where I do this... Karen says inaddon Accounts I'll see if I can find where this is done... i suppose in Cpanel is it?
            Thank you also for your continued help. I'll see if I can find where this is.

Comment

Originally posted by start living View Post
              Hello Lady. ...yes I do just that, but i have now received an email from Karen who asks me "Have you added the domain your account?"... frankly
              I do not know. I must now find where I do this... Karen says inaddon Accounts I'll see if I can find where this is done... i suppose in Cpanel is it?
              Thank you also for your continued help. I'll see if I can find where this is.
              Hi .... well this could be the problem ..

I had assumed, from your opening statement, that was done ..

Karen set up my second domain in my account.

so was assuming it was there .. if she didn't well no, it won't be in that drop down box ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

hi again, when trying to set up the domain in cpanel it asks questions i do nkt understand
                What is a Subdomain/Ftpusername... must i make a new username or do i have to use something that VH supplies?
                Document root... havm't a clue what that is.
                Please advise futher and also please tell me about other similar questions I'll be confronted with when trying to set up an email account.

Thank you again
                Hans very frustrated at the time it takesme to do such a small little thinf it is terrible to be mentally challenged in the computer game.

Comment

Working...
                X