• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MedicineBridge
    Private First Class

• May 2009

trouble publishing guestbook

Hello @ All!

I've just published my page- everything works just fine...also the contact form.

Now there is just a little problem that actually makes me go crazy- my guest book. Yes I did watch the tutorial (a couple of times)....and here is what I did: 1) published guestbook page (page properties set .php) 2) went to ftp manager, right click on guestbook.php set permission 777.

When I go to my page www.medicine-bridge.org to "extras" and I click my glass button the pop up window for my guestbook appears but it always says internal server error...........

I just can't help it---double checked everything and spelling---- still not working.........

Maybe someone out here could help me?
    Thanks it's much appreciated!
    ~Mitakuye Qyasin ~
    We are all related
    www.medicine-bridge.org
  • D'son
    Major General

• Apr 2008

Re: trouble publishing guestbook

Did you create a blank page in notepad save it as guestbookdb.php (include the .php) and upload it to your public_html folder?
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

• MedicineBridge
      Private First Class

• May 2009

thank you for your instant reply...mhh..due to the fact that it didn't say anything like this in the tutorial I actally don't know what you exactly mean
      ~Mitakuye Qyasin ~
      We are all related
      www.medicine-bridge.org

Comment

• D'son
        Major General

• Apr 2008

Here are the complete directions
        Place your guest book on the page as per instructions & publish. (This part is now done)
        Now open notepad & create just a plain blank page & save it as a text file & name it guestbookdb.php & save.
        Now upload this empty notepad doc to your server via FTP & change the permissions to 755 as tutorial.
        What happens is when a message is left, it is stored in this document.
        After you have uploaded and published everything and go to view your guestbook for the first time you will get an error message, disreguard it as it simply means that no one has left any messages yet. Post one and the error will disappear. Also be sure to add the admin link to the guest book so you can delete unwanted posts. It also advisable to add captcha to avoid spamming.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

• MedicineBridge
          Private First Class

• May 2009

Hey D'son,

thank you very much for your help. I still couldn't make it work.....however, I decided to replace my guestbook idea with SMF...and this works at least

Thanks again,
          Medicine Bridge
          ~Mitakuye Qyasin ~
          We are all related
          www.medicine-bridge.org

Comment

Working...
          X