• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LisaBlairHathawayAuthor
    Corporal

• Jan 2009

Re: How do I COMPLETELY separate ALL CLIENTS WEBSITES, index is a problem

Hello NavalDesign...

My computer comes up with an error message each time I add a NEW USER, regardless of whether I add as a NEW STANDARD OR NEW ADMINISTRATOR. Obviously, this has nothing to do with BlueVoda or VodaHosting, it is clearly my computer.

Since there is one BlueVoda Folder from within "MyDocuments" would it be possible for me to simply make another BlueVoda Folder next to it or a series of them called, BlueVoda1; BlueVoda2; etc. would this work for separating all clients websites.

Here's a completely different question: Is it possible to design a website VIA VODA HOST where I would design the "website online" which would bypass the need to have any files on my computer AND will keep all clients websites separate. I know some Hosting Companies have this online web design option. If this is possible VIA VODA HOST, what would it be called.

Lisa

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

As you said, this is a problem with your own computer. A possible reason could be that the present account, through which you already work and through which you try to create the new account, is already NOT an admin account. Check it.

Regarding BV1, BV2 etc folders: This is the most common solution that most users follow.

Create, inside your BlueVoda folder, separate subfolders (name each one just with the name of the client or the name of the site, so you will remember easily).
      This will work just fine. The only issue will be this: BV creates its own images for the menu buttons, the shapes etc. These images are NOT stored in these subfolders, but in the default "Images" folder . So you don't have the images separated actually.
      Anothe rissue is that each time you work on a site you need to remember to change the publish details (IP, username and password). In case you forget, you might publish site B pages on site A ! Believe me, it may easily happen! I have been working sometimes for 12 - 14 hrs a day, and at the end it is easy to forget.

Ther eis no online version of BlueVoda. VodaHost has an online website builder, which is Soholaunch. You may install it through each clients Control Panel. However, though it is a great tool and has LOTS of features, it doesn't allow the freedom of layout that BV does.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Corporal

• Jan 2009

So I have not been successful in getting windows in letting me add a new user. I never bothered with it before.

Meanwhile, Can I use my any web design software to upload an existing site to VodaHost and then figure all this out. Voda Host does not require that you use their software exclusively do they. My client is here now.

Lisa

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Of course you can use an ysoftware.

As i said, you can also use BV creating separate folders in your computer.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Corporal

• Jan 2009

Thank you so much, Your immediate response has been greatly appreciated.

Lisa

Comment

Working...
            X