• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Herrach
    Corporal

• Dec 2008

Help a Newbie

Appologies for being thick!! I tried looking through posts and have got as far as I can.

I run a charity that has 3 projects. I want to give each one a seperate website. I have a free domain transfer pending for the main project and have one parked at ******* that I want the site I have created in blue voda to link to it.

I have created everything in a seperate folder in my Blue Voda folder. I created a new folder under the public html in control panel file manager and published all the pages to there to keep them seperate.

When I go to the site all I get is the folder I created. See the link below.

www.needtwotalk.org.uk

Help is greatly appreciated and sorry if I am repeating old mistakes and cant find them.

Fraser
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Help a Newbie

Hi, if you want three seperate sites? You will have to create another 2 addon sites using "add on domains" tutorials. When doing this, you will automaticly create new folders to publish your new sites to.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Herrach
      Corporal

• Dec 2008

My domains are parked and added as parked domains so I cant add domain. The folder is in the home, username, public_ftp file. When I up load to public ftp it does not go into the correct folder. Also if I type the name of the web site after public ftp it says no file exists. So guessing it is the wrong public_ftp I am trying to publish to and not sure how to get it into the correct one.

Comment

• Herrach
        Corporal

• Dec 2008

I published the home page into the correct folder but when I check it out on the web it just gives me the folder. If I click on that it gives me the Homepage but the URL changes to www.needtwotalk.org.uk/needtwotalk.org.uk repeating the name!!

Comment

• Collectors-info
          General

• Feb 2006

You need to call the 1st page in this folder index.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Herrach
            Corporal

• Dec 2008

The index page is in the folder but for some reason it displays the folder and does not go to the index page in the folder
            www.needtwotalk.org.uk if you click the link then click the folder you get the page.

Thanks for you help with this Chris

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Originally posted by Herrach View Post
              My domains are parked and added as parked domains so I cant add domain. The folder is in the home, username, public_ftp file. When I up load to public ftp it does not go into the correct folder. Also if I type the name of the web site after public ftp it says no file exists. So guessing it is the wrong public_ftp I am trying to publish to and not sure how to get it into the correct one.

Hi, Unpark your domains and add them as addon domains which will create new folders and new Ftp accounts.
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• Herrach
                Corporal

• Dec 2008

Many thanks problems now fixed and worked a couple of other things out myself. Great to have support like this available and for a newbie starting to learn quick thanks to you all.

Fraser

Comment

Working...
                X