• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK-RUFFNECK
    Staff Sergeant

• May 2006

Re: Need a general or above to look

sure usually poeple tell u that u dont have to do that ! but i myself am 1 of those that does it anyway ! dunno y.... just to make sure everything is realy fresh i suppose ! its just a little tick i have ! ;)

BUT exactly for this reason i always publish all my pages to their own folders !!!!!
    that way its way way eaysier to delete something that u dont need anymore without having to go through the mess that u created when uploading everything to just the public_html folder itsself !

naming these pages is simple and linking them is too if u need help on that just ask !!

by the way before i tell u anything that messes sumthing up !!

1. you did say that u created the guestbook with blue voda right ??
    2. and that u uploaded it just like any other page right ?

because if its just about the deleting and uploading it fresh then i say yes delete it !

if ts about configuring it then id stay reserved about that 1 because i havent actually used guest book from blue voda yet because i used a webservice for this before i realised that blue voda offers it too !
    since my account with the provider hasent run out yet i dident bother getting into blue voda guestbook yet !

greetz UK

www.e-promenade.de www.loewendomizil.com
    Greetz UK

Comment

• frank rogers
      Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2009

UK---Yes, guest book is from with blue voda, and it was loaded just like the rest of my website, the only difference is that I can make corrections or additions on my other pages in bv and re-publish to web and it corrects, on the guest book I have tried to re-publish over the mess on the web but it will not correct it, Thank you so much for your help, have had my fill of this website for today, will try to get straight later, hope you make general one day, you deserve it. Thanks again, talk to you later, Frank

Comment

• UK-RUFFNECK
        Staff Sergeant

• May 2006

ok guess ur starting the guestbook over from scratch !
        but there should be a way of adding some kind of admin page to ur guestbook so that u can make changes such as deleting posts etc. i have read something about a similar topic a long time ago and im not sure where to find it !

ill look into that when i have the time !

and thx 4 the general :))))) ;)

greetz UK

Greetz UK

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Ok, let me explain. Your issue is (most probably) that you are using the same name for the BV page AND for the gustbook core script. So when the second is (automatically) uploaded (you don't control this, BV does it automatically) it overwrites your page.

Solution:

Double click the guestbook object in BV. The properties dialog box appears.
          Go in Advanced, and in the PHP script name field type guestbook1.php

Now Save your page as guestbook so the page and the script will not have the same name.

Publish, and check it refreshing (hit F5 sometimes) your browser .
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• frank rogers
            Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2009

O.K. I am ready to start again, UK----their is a admin. page in the bv guest book set up. (under guest book videos) will try to set that up when I get this fixed. Navaldesign, I have tried your suggestion 4 times and it doe's not change anything, it does sound very logical that this would work, but it will not, I would appreciate any other ideas, Thanks, Frank

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Please hold:

http://www.hulettwinsteadfuneralhome.com/guestbook1.php now exists.

Please save the BV page as "myguestbook" and leave the script name as "guestbook1.php"

Save and publish please
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• frank rogers
                Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2009

Tried 2 times and still no results, Frank

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Did you save / publish the page as "myguestbook" ? Cause i don't find this page onyour site. Are you sure you are publishing to the right folder ?
                  Navaldesign

Comment

• frank rogers
                    Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2009

I did publish as "myguestbook" it shows up on bv set-up as "myguestbook" but on the web it is still "Guest Book" I published the same way I have been publishing, do not know any other way to do it. thanks, Frank

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

There is no "myguestbook.php" page on your site, so either Publishing fails, OR you are accidentally publishing to some other folder or site. There is no other explanation if you haven't removed the page from the server manually.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

• frank rogers
                        Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2009

When I go to the guest book on the web I see a just a large guest book to fill out, if I right click on it and click on properties it gives me "my website/guestbook.php" their is also all of the notes that Karen, uk, left on the site, I don't think this should be visible, am I wrong? I also changed a few things on my other bv pages and re-published everything on those pages worked, it was published to website. If I have removed anything I don't know it, not intentionally anyway. thanks, frank

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

unless you decide to follow my instructions, there is nothing i can do.

As i said, there is NO "myguestbook.php" page on your site. This means that you have not published it, for some reason, OR you have published it in the wrong location.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

• frank rogers
                            Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2009

My friend, I am trying my best to do everything that you have asked me to do, I have put "myguestbook.php" in every hole that I can, if it still not working I do not know what I am doing wrong, I put it in "verify Links" it says "no url found" I am not a computer expert, so I am not trying to agitate you I am just trying to find out the problem, tell me what specific pages I need to plug it into and I will do it. this agrivates me a lot more than it does you, believe me. Thanks for your time. Frank

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Please use the contact form on my site to send me your BV page and your login details, i will see what is wrong
                              Navaldesign

Comment

• frank rogers
                                Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2009

Thank you, info has been sent. Frank

Comment

Working...
                                X