Having trouble with one page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having trouble with one page

I made some various changes to the site I'm building, of my finished pages all have all re-published fine except one so far. On this particular page, at first it kept opening the old page online, not the updated one, even though after publishing it several different times it said it published successfully. I cleared my cookies, refreshed, etc, and tried again opening, still the same old page. So I renamed the page and published it under the new name, just added one word to the name to make it different from the original, it said it published successfully, I made the change in the links to the page, and now I just get the error 'page can't be found' message. I'm really stumped. I've checked the spelling of everything and rechecked, and republished, and still it just won't come up online. The site is www.havasu-fun.com and the problem page is Activities/Tours - which should open under www.havasu-fun.com/havasu-activities-and-tours.html

FYI - not all pages have been published so all links in the navigation bar aren't going to go anywhere yet.

Any help would be really appreciated!!

Re: Having trouble with one page

Actually now I'm having a problem updating another page too, after saving and publishing, still the old page shows even after clicking refresh.

Comment

Hi

your www.havasu-fun.com/havasu-activities-and-tours.html is looking for www.havasu-fun.com/havasu-activities-tours.html.
      recheck your links

Millie
      Millie
      www.subeagle.com

Comment

Hi

could be that you are not updating your links or updating the new name of the links, as what happened in the activites-tours

Millie
        Millie
        www.subeagle.com

Comment

Clear your browser cache and history and see whether it will load?
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I have updated the links - on the pages that would update. My Events page will not update, even though it says it successfully published the updated saved page (several times), so the link on that navigation bar is the old link.

I have cleared my history and temporary internet files also.

Today again I can't upload the new havasu-activities-and-tours page, it says it published successfully but there is no page found. I've even manually typed in the address and still nothing.

I've checked, double-checked, and rechecked everything, I can't find any reason why it's not found after publishing. My IP address is correct, and each time it tells me it published successfully.

I really like this website builder but if I can't even update my pages and get them successfully published then it isn't worth all the effort. I need to be finishing my other unfinished pages, instead I'm spending all of my time trying to publish one page and trying to republish other updated pages. Some go through just fine, others give me problems like Events and Activities/Tours - even though there is no difference in what I'm doing.

It should be a simple thing, update the page, save it, publish it - and the new page should be up online.

I'll guess I'll have to talk to customer support, maybe they can find out what's going on and why.

Comment

You have published the page as php

try this

If you have published other pages but have problem with them,
              what you you can do is "do reverse engineering"
              get the name of the file exactly like it has landed on the server.

Do the following (Some of the steps may be redundant)

1. Using BV FTP, find your file on the server
              2. Copy it over to your local disk in a temp directory/folder
              3. Right click on the name
              4. The file gets highlighted
              5. Click Rename
              6. Only the name gets highlighted now
              7. Do CTRL-C to copy the name
              8. Go to your page opened in BV where you have the link
              9. Create a link with your file name

You would know that this time there was no typo.
              Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Working...
              X