X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ongoing Subdomain Problems

Hi!

My primary domain is www.benefitplace.biz

Per your instructions - I think - I recently created a new suddomain called - tradeshow. I published the index page to public_html/tradeshow/. I thought this page would be found at - www.tradeshow.benefitplace.biz/index.html. Additional pages were published to public-html/tradeshow/. As an example pne page is titled Carriers and named - cariers-pandc. I thought this page would be found at https://www.tradeshow.benefitplace.b...ers-pandc.html. I also cannot find this page on the internet.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Phil
    www.BenefitPlace.biz

Re: Ongoing Subdomain Problems

You published as .php probably due to the email capture.

Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Thanks But?

When I go to publish the "Publish Web Page", the Folder reads public-html/tradeshow/ Do I need to change something and where?

Thanks

Phil
      www.BenefitPlace.biz

Comment

Is this your page?
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Hi - I'm Confused!

I did not publish as php! I was told to publish as: www.tradeshow.benefitplace.biz/index.html. All other pages in the subdomain were published in the same way, ie. https://www.tradeshow.benefitplace.b...-worksite.html

I am unable to find any of the pages on the internet. How should they be published?

Note: I did publish to public_html/tradeshow/

Thanks for your help!

Phil
          www.BenefitPlace.biz

Comment

You have a little email capture on this page http://www.benefitplace.biz/tradeshow/index.php.

Now it seems you think you have published this as .html. You haven't!!
            Because you put a form on this page BV converted this page to .php when you published it.
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thanks & another question!

As I add to current Trade Show subdomain pages, should I republish & publish to: www.benefitplace.biz/tradeshow/index.php - etc? I had been publishing to www.tradeshow.benefitplace.biz/index.html.

I assume it is to php rather than html - I am concerned about the order of the tradeshow & benefitplace.biz in the url.

Thanks,

Phil
              www.BenefitPlace.biz

Comment

1) Based on what I've read here 'tradeshow' is simply a folder within your public_html folder. So anything you want published to tradeshow gets published to public_html/tradeshow

2) You can make your pages as you want .php or .html. If they are to be published to the tradeshow folder, follow step 1.

3) your domain will always come first followed by the folder followed by the page in the folder ie www.benefitplace.biz/tradeshow/index.php
                Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I have just checked your site and you may have made an error.

You have 2 index pages which is cool but it seems you've muddled them up

The index page for your main account should be published to public_html

The index page for the tradeshow folder should be published to public_html/tradeshow

Now it also seems to add to the confusion, you have both html pages and php pages on the server. If I were you I would use Blue FTP and delete the index page you don't want in the public_html folder and delete the index page you don't want in 'tradeshow' folder. Or easier still, if you are unsure, delete ALL the index pages and republish the ones you have in BV (which should be current)
                  Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Many Thanks

This weekend I will be editing all tradeshow pages and adding additional pages. I will publish these pages as I go - including the tradeshow index page - to public_html/tradeshow and as .php rather than .html. All tradeshow pages have the form at the top right.

When, how and where do I delete "ALL" - per the above suggestion - the existing index pages, both the main account and the tradeshow. If I do this, will I lose the BV pages?

Thanks,

Phil
                    www.BenefitPlace.biz

Comment

I tend to delete the pages in BV's FTP. Click on tools link, top of BV and you will see FTP Manger. Others here delete from the Cpanel.

You won't lose your BV pages because these are on your hard drive and not on the server.
                      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thanks for your input!

When deleting in the FTP, do I delete both the HTML and the BVP?

Moving Forward!

Phil
                        www.BenefitPlace.biz

Comment

yes

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                          02036089024 / United Kingdom
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Delete the pages ONLY from your site, you still need the pages in your computer ( .bvp) in order to be able to publish again after you change (in page properties) the type of extension, from .html to .php
                            Navaldesign
                            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                            X