• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BFBW
    Sergeant

• Mar 2010

page changes after publish

HI,

I have images in frame on the index page and same images on the gallery page. Images should be in pink frame on the index page and grey frame on the gallery page...that is how i upload and save the pages but after when i publish it change...like i publish first the index page, frame colors still pink...but when i publish the gallery page with the gray framed images it changes the index page for grey.
    I hope i wasn`t too difficult but this is my exact problem.
    my site is www.trishaliciouscakes.com

Please help me.

Thank you.
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: page changes after publish

They are both in grey for me (the actual frames around the images in your Lightbox).

If you are copying page-to-page the same Lightbox script, you need to understand that the manner in which you configure the Lightbox originally will be copied intact: the original colors you configured the Lightbox frames with will be copied exactly as was originally set.
    If after copying from page to page you attempt to "reset" the configuration (change the frame colors), you must be sure to fully Save the changed page before Previewing it .... otherwise it will not retain the changes you made.
    If you are copying your Lightbox from the original page to another, always start according to the same order in which you created your site: if your Lightbox is supposed to be on your index page and your gallery page, create/configure it first on your index page, and then copy it to the Gallery page and reconfigure. As with Hyperlink Styles and Menu configurations, there is a heirarchy fo progress that is built-in to Blue Voda, and must be dealt with as such.

If you use an inline-Frame (iFrame) to present a single Lightbox across multiple pages, you cannot have multiple color configurations, nor will the Lightbox function properly, as the "larger view" function will only display on the Parent page and not be fully visible on an other. Definitely not a recommended practice ... using an iFrame to display albums in any sort of manner.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• BFBW
      Sergeant

• Mar 2010

Thank you for your prompt reply. I tried to reset and save the page without preview and publish. Still, if you check out the index page now the frames are pink and on the gallery page /all of them were grey when i published/ after i published the index page 10 picture frame/same as on the index page/ changed for pink.
      I leave it like that, you`ll see only those frames changed what i have on the index page.
      Any other idea?
      Thank you.

L.

Comment

• Alien Dude
        Lieutenant Colonel

• Apr 2008

both the images on the index and the gallery page have the same file name, this is coursed by copy and pasting from one page to the next, so if you change the colour on say the gallery then publish the one on the index will change.
        to resolve the problem make a copy of the images and rename the copy, insert one on one page and the other on the other page,
        Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

• BFBW
          Sergeant

• Mar 2010

Thank you so much for your help! Problem fixed, i just had to rename the pics as you said.

Thank you again for you guys!

L.

Comment

Working...
          X